Driver problems

bobmercer

I run Win7 and I cannot get any sounds at the moment. 

When I load Cakewalk I am greeted with a message telling me that 'master'is connected to silent hardware. 

When I try to connect my Yamaha keyboard it tells me there is not enough memory- not true.

The Behringer mic is not recognised.

They have worked before but not now. I reloaded the Behringer drivers if that may help. I also removed Asio4all.

TIA.

Edited by bobmercer

As for the "not enough memory" issue, is that related to a MIDI device/port?

image.png.907aec051c81ede33885b353c448db0a.png

I have gotten that many times when SONAR/Cakewalk cannot access a midi device because another program is using it.  In my case, it almost always happens when I an testing a midi device with midi-ox, forget that I didn't close that down, and then boot Sonar/Cakewalk. 

This conflict caused by a second program trying to access a non-multiple client midi port/device comes from MS Windows and Cakewalk is just reporting it to you.

I have seen cases where software that comes with a device (e.g., DJ hardware software) is using the MIDI port and therefore is not available to other software.

Edited by User 905133
(2) to add an image of a MIDI-based "out of memory" warning; (1) to add a link to a possible solution IF its a MIDI device/port issue