The start position of the audio clip is misaligned

Junichi Aoki

Question

Hi Expert,

I have 2 issues which prevent me from recording my guitar track and I suppose those issues may come from a same root cause.

I still don’t know how to fix them and so really need help from product experts !!

Issue 1:

When I started the recording from the start time 37:01:000 for example, the audio clip created starts from 37:01:288.

When I play the audio track, that doesn’t fit in what other tracks play. So I need to move the clip to the start 37:01:000.

Issue 2:

To begin with, when I open my existing project files, the start point of the existing audio clip has been moved to 5:04:720 for example.

The original start point of the clip was 6:01:000. I didn’t move the clip manually.

For both issues, there are some facts below.

-         Staff view displays the notes and positions correctly.

-         Even if I have Issue 2, playing the song has no problem and I can export the correct song.

-         Only change on my PC before/after the issue happened has been switching my display from 24 inch (1920 x 1200) to 27 inch (2560 x 1440) this week. Display scaling is 100%.

-         I am using Release 2021.04.

-         EnableWin10DPIAwareness=1 couldn’t solve the issues.

Thanks and regards,

Junichi

Issue1.jpg

Issue2.jpg

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Junichi Aoki said:

I am using Release 2021.04.

This is the current production release.

The current production release has a dedicated feedback thread. In this case the thread is

This is where posts about  the current release should go.

That said, 2021.04 build 144 has a known timing issue. There have been several interim releases to address this and a couple of other issues with 2021.04.

The most recent release is build 155 available here

A final build of 2021.04  should be release soon.

• Thanks 1

Thanks scook for giving me your insight quickly. I really appreciate your support.

I did rollback to 2021.01 for now. Both issues have been gone and I can continue my work.

Note: The example of Issue 2 was wrong but it seems the issue at other place in other song is gone now.