kissin up

jack c.

Jack, this is one of the coolest songs I've heard lately.  Your arrangement is clever and your performances are terrific.  I can almost understand most of the words, but no matter, I like the style.  The only thing that stands out to me is that your song is mastered plenty loud, but at the expense of a wider dynamic range, which would allow the song to "breathe" from a greater variation in volume levels throughout the song.  That may be nitpicking too much, however, as you have a style, and I like it.

13 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

Jack, this is one of the coolest songs I've heard lately. Your arrangement is clever and your performances are terrific. 

boy what a wonderful comment!

The only thing that stands out to me is that your song is mastered plenty loud, but at the expense of a wider dynamic range, which would allow the song to "breathe" from a greater variation in volume levels throughout the song. 

please explain how to do this.i don't play the loudness game

That may be nitpicking too much, however, as you have a style, and I like it.

i needs nitpickin as it helps me to continue to grow!!!!!!!!!!!!jack c.

"The only thing that stands out to me is that your song is mastered plenty loud, but at the expense of a wider dynamic range, which would allow the song to "breathe" from a greater variation in volume levels throughout the song." 

please explain how to do this.i don't play the loudness game

Actually, you do play the loudness game when your song is the same volume from beginning to end.  Not every instrument or vocal line has to be maxed out.  Variation in volume levels from section to section help the song to breathe and lessens listener fatigue.  This can be done by dropping an instrument in certain places, and/or not singing at full volume all the way through.  There's much literature on this that's widely available under the heading "dynamics".  Hope this helps.

5 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

nice one jack, I'm starting to get a handle on your writing style.

i don't think i know me own style.thanks for listen/comments.jack c.

4 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

Actually, you do play the loudness game when your song is the same volume from beginning to end. 

explain how you obtain such soft/loud.jack  c.

1 hour ago, L.A. Gonzalez said:

dropping that sample on a track

i don't understand explain more.jack c.

2 minutes ago, Douglas Kirby said:

It's an unusual song yet it kept me interested throughout - it's quite catchy actually - the type of song you sing along to.

I liked your vocal - I thought it was an excellent performance - well done.

thanks mate:jack c.

4 hours ago, jack c. said:

i don't think i know me own style.thanks for listen/comments.jack c.

explain how you obtain such soft/loud.jack  c.

i don't understand explain more.jack c.

I'm sorry, I thought I heard a vocal sample of Crazy Train in your song, my apologies.  I guess it just sounds similar.

12 hours ago, L.A. Gonzalez said:

I'm sorry, I thought I heard a vocal sample of Crazy Train in your song,

now i see.there are a few voice samples here and there in that song to make it more party like.jack c.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

I could do a little "kissin up" and drop numerous 👍's, but I'll just stick to just one 🙃

Liked the delay on the vocal a lot.

4 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

cool track Jack, like this a lot - a got a bit of a Talking Heads vibe!!

7 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

I like the overall sound that you've created with all the added in fx. Your voice and its treatment works well here too.
Not sure what genre this is but sounds kind of 50s to me. Which is a good thing.
-Bjorn

thanks mates for listen/comments!jack c.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Really good one.  I like it. That was some "unusual" panning , putting the kick on the far right and the bass on the far left , but it sure carved out a big hole for the great vocals .   mark  

18 hours ago, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi Jack,

Great bouncy track with a great lyric.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

thanks mate for listen/comments.jack c.