T-RackS Comprexxor - The Swiss Army knife of compressors intro price

chris.r

9 minutes ago, cclarry said:

My IK Storage Director is 194 Gb.  I keep two copies of installers - most recent, and next to most recent, in case I have to revert,
so I'd plan on about 200 Gb for everything as that would seem to be a good reference point. (mind you that that  includes my
SampleTank 2, and SampleTank 3 Libraries)

Thanks Larry - that's quite a lot of space.

Still, less than a SD3 complete install 😜

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

Right...that's only 2 or 3 SD3 Kits...LOL

200GB for just 2-3 SD3 kits?! 😱 What are they doing with so much storage? They don't keep spare cables there, do they...

Edited by chris.r

35 minutes ago, chris.r said:

200GB for just 2-3 SD3 kits?! 😱 What are they doing with so much storage? They don't keep spare cables there, do they...

SD3 Kits are MASSIVE!

18 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I have heard that Larry will become the new spokeperson for IK Multimedia, alongside Peter. Is that just a rumor?

Oh, they would LOVE me sitting in on a board meeting! :P

Edited by cclarry
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I had been downloading the whole Sampletank library recently and it was 260GB for me for the whole she-bang.

I think that's the uncompressed size...it's much smaller for storage purposes

EDIT:  I had moved SampleTank 4 Max compressed files onto my non connected drive
because of the size....207 Gb!  So that makes about 400 Gb for everything

Edited by cclarry

1 hour ago, chris.r said:

It's partly the microphone positions on offer - up to an 11.1 configuration, as well as bleed for each mic. A summary based on info from their website:

1. Basic Sound Library
All instruments, all tools and all articulations in direct microphones as well as the OH Dyn and Amb Ribbon channels. Bleed available in Snare Bottom, OH Dyn and Amb Ribbon channels.

Approx. download size: 40 GB.

2. Room mics
The rest of the room microphone channels (OH Cond, Amb Near and Amb Mid).

Approx. download size: 46 GB.

3. Surround Setup
Surround. Five channel microphone setup to achieve 5-channel surround.

Approx. download size: 43 GB.

4. Height Surround
Height and width. Six channel microphone setup to achieve 11-channel surround (in combination with the “Surround 1” content).

Approx. download size: 52 GB.

+. Additional Bleed
All remaining instrument bleed, meaning the sound picked up by microphones other than the one(s) directly intended for a specific instrument or ambience.

Approx. download size: 54 GB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, antler said:

+. Additional Bleed
All remaining instrument bleed, meaning the sound picked up by microphones other than the one(s) directly intended for a specific instrument or ambience...

Reads like the best supplement for the most paranoid ones.

6 minutes ago, abacab said:

So straight up, this new T-RackS module is $69 with the $30 IK discount auto applied in my cart.

The TS3 upgrade is still $299 in my cart, so if I just want the new module, $69 is not a bad price! :)

I guess not. To me personally, $70 sounds like a lot for a plugin. The danger with IKM is buyers remorse. IIRC, MixBox didn't get re;eased than long ago. Neither did Space Delay. But they priced them really high initially. I think $150 or $99 .. and now I picked up Space Delay for $20.. and could have picked up MixBox for $50.  It's a little nuts.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I guess not. To me personally, $70 sounds like a lot for a plugin. The danger with IKM is buyers remorse. IIRC, MixBox didn't get re;eased than long ago. Neither did Space Delay. But they priced them really high initially. I think $150 or $99 .. and now I picked up Space Delay for $20.. and could have picked up MixBox for $50.  It's a little nuts.

Good advice. I was comparing it to TS3, which I do not need at this point, as I have all of that content that I want.

Someday Comprexxor will be $20. I can wait (said with hands and wallet shaking).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, abacab said:

Good advice. I was comparing it to TS3, which I do not need at this point, as I have all of that content that I want.

Someday Comprexxor will be $20. I can wait (said with hands and wallet shaking).

Some day it will probably be free too. Who knows. All depends how long one wants to wait. They gave away the Black 76 FET not long ago. That was kind of cool for people that don''t have T-racks. Very useful.

On 5/12/2021 at 5:20 PM, jesse g said:

OH MY!!!!

Place Total Studio Max in your cart and go to Check out and it discounted to $299.99.

What a Surprise 😀

I did that and was ready to check out using Jam Points, but no go on the points use.  Oh well.

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

When was mixbox $50? Or was someone selling on KVR?

TS Max for me at  $299 is a bit crazy considering I have everything but the full Philoharmonic 2 is crazy. 

10 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

It’s still at that price in cart at IK if you qualify for the rebate.

Thanks. Not sure how I missed that! Guess two things I don’t have are mixbox and philharmonic 2. 

• Like 1