T-RackS Comprexxor - The Swiss Army knife of compressors intro price

chris.r

34 minutes ago, Zargg said:

Anyone tried this, and compared to the UAD Distressor?

I've got that, so think I'm good, unless they've made this way better..

All the best.

How old is the UAD. Its possible the IKM one is better as it's newer and may have better algorithms behind it. No way to tell until someone actually tests this to look for flaws or imperfections.

5 hours ago, cclarry said:

I bought TS3 Max shortly after release, and believe me I really wasn't "happy" about it
as a Total Studio Max 2 owner...(as every one here is well aware! :P).  

Getting this for free is something completely new for IK, and I have to admit that
it makes me VERY happy for them to finally "come to the party", rather than their
usual RAPING....

IK is one of those "There's so many good things and so many bad things" companies. 
Those have to be weighed in the balance!  The saving grace for them is the quality of the product.

If you can get TS3 Max for $3 or 4 Hundred, and have the Jampoints to drop that price by 30%,
as just buying this one compressor is going to cost you a min of $70 with Jampoints,
I'd say do it.  Remember, the products that you already own can be sold (if allowed) to
reduce that expense even further.  If you want to know if a product can be sold, click
on the "License" Tab under the product in your account.  If the red "Transfer" button shows up then you 
can sell it.  Products received under promotions, or with hardware, can't be transferred.
But here's the kicker...they're a TOUGH sell, so keep that in mind when pricing them!

It was a shocker for me.

• Like 1

As Larry said, I think this is a very special thing.  Imagine NI adding something new to Komplete Ultimate after the release of Komplete?   And IK has done this kind of this before.  A month or two after I bought TS2, they added the limited version of SampleTank to the deal.  Might not sound like much, but it gave me the new UI and a few new instruments.

I've been calculating the $299 minus JamPoints in my mind.  I didn't think about it being $299.   But this forum keeps selling me more on it regularly.  So many talk about how much they love the Sunset Sound reverb.  So many of the separate products are raved about as being worth the money separately.  I add it to the stuff I really want like AmpliTube, Mixbus, the B3, Modo Drum,

So the only question is whether I should get TS3 now or wait until BF or BF 2022 to get it cheaper.  This Compressor makes that decision a little harder. 🤔

6 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

So the only question is whether I should get TS3 now or wait until BF or BF 2022 to get it cheaper.  This Compressor makes that decision a little harder. 🤔

That would be something that only you can answer.  I went through holy crap to get to Total Studio 2.
So when 3 came out the price was ridiculous to upgrade (IMO).  So I weighed what I was gaining, and
what I could offload to offset the cost.  After doing the math, I realized that what I was gaining, if I bought
them separately, and what I could offload, could offset the cost enough for me to do it, and ONLY because
of the Paypal 4 pay option.  If not for that, there is no way I could have done it regardless.

I'm thankful now that I did...as IK have finally come through and given TS Owners a "reward" for what
they have invested over the years to acquire it!

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

How old is the UAD. Its possible the IKM one is better as it's newer and may have better algorithms behind it. No way to tell until someone actually tests this to look for flaws or imperfections.

The original was from 2017, but the latest build is from 2019.

Not sure how much, or any "under the hood" stuff was done during the latest releases.

It bears the original name though..

Oh well. Have bought so much on sale IK stuff over the years (other than Total), that there’s no way I can make this worthwhile… without trying to sell a bunch of stuff. Other than this compressor,  there’s literally nothing I don’t have that I have any interest in. I figure within a year though, they’ll have a better deal on the compressor itself.

Edit: I guess the only thing that might make it worthwhile is if I thought IK would continue to bring new plugins into the Total framework….free of charge.

Edited by LAGinz
  • Like 2

If I decide to go for TS3 Max, does it mean I have to download the sound files for SampleTank/Miroslav/Syntronik, etc. within 180 days if I don't want to pay to install at a later date? Does anyone know roughly much space I need to store it all?

7 minutes ago, antler said:

If I decide to go for TS3 Max, does it mean I have to download the sound files for SampleTank/Miroslav/Syntronik, etc. within 180 days if I don't want to pay to install at a later date? Does anyone know roughly much space I need to store it all?

My IK Storage Director is 194 Gb.  I keep two copies of installers - most recent, and next to most recent, in case I have to revert,
so I'd plan on about 200 Gb for everything as that would seem to be a good reference point. (mind you that that  includes my
SampleTank 2, and SampleTank 3 Libraries)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1