T-RackS Comprexxor - The Swiss Army knife of compressors intro price

chris.r

14 minutes ago, Fret Flintstone said:

Larry, what is it like on CPU?

I'll likely buy it anyway just to keep the collection complete

I have it on the Drum Buss of Def Lepperd's Rock of Ages, and the CPU hit between engaged and disengaged
is about 5% more or less in Studio One 5 Pro

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

After all you said previously about IK and their upgrade pricing, I thought I was gasping for air after I read that! lol

I did the math with what I could offload, and what I was gaining that I didn't have,
and found that I could make it "affordable"...thank the Lord for Paypal 4 pays! LOL
NOW, with getting this, I just saved another $100!  So, it was like getting it ALL for FREE!

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, chris.r said:

nothing can beat those 10 for 1 I've been part of a few years ago

on the other hand there's not much left for me to pick up, just the EQ PA alone LOL... and now the new compress... comprexxor

perhaps they could mix some T-Racks with Sampletank/Amplitube stuff in a group buy again

yup. i am sitting back and waiting for the group buy to see how it pans out. didn't but SSSR just for that reason

My price in cart for TS MAX is $399. But I have not need or desire for it. I just use T-Racks and AT 5. I even remove all the free Sample Tank stuff I got over the years. It just takes up space and I never use it. There is only one thing I am sort of interested in from IKM is MODO Bass if it shows up on group buy.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

There is only one thing I am sort of interested in from IKM is MODO Bass if it shows up on group buy.

MODO Bass is a good one defo. MODO Drums is getting more and more use here also.

• Like 1

I bought TS3 Max shortly after release, and believe me I really wasn't "happy" about it
as a Total Studio Max 2 owner...(as every one here is well aware! :P).  

Getting this for free is something completely new for IK, and I have to admit that
it makes me VERY happy for them to finally "come to the party", rather than their
usual RAPING....

IK is one of those "There's so many good things and so many bad things" companies. 
Those have to be weighed in the balance!  The saving grace for them is the quality of the product.

If you can get TS3 Max for $3 or 4 Hundred, and have the Jampoints to drop that price by 30%,
as just buying this one compressor is going to cost you a min of $70 with Jampoints,
I'd say do it.  Remember, the products that you already own can be sold (if allowed) to
reduce that expense even further.  If you want to know if a product can be sold, click
on the "License" Tab under the product in your account.  If the red "Transfer" button shows up then you 
can sell it.  Products received under promotions, or with hardware, can't be transferred.
But here's the kicker...they're a TOUGH sell, so keep that in mind when pricing them!

50 minutes ago, cclarry said:

But here's the kicker...they're a TOUGH sell, so keep that in mind when pricing them!

They are a tough sell because KVR is constantly flooded with people trying to get rid of them . The IKM business model is, they hook you into their ecosystem with a cheap deal, then they manipulate you to keep buying more stuff, and torture you with spammy malware like ads for all the things you don't have, and then once you have had it with their products, they spit you out and find the next sucker to do it to. They have no commitment to customers and care little to keep them because they work with cheap pricing. IKM are here to remind you of the old truism. "You get what you paid for in this world."

giphy-downsized.gif

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I bought TS3 Max shortly after release, and believe me I really wasn't "happy" about it
as a Total Studio Max 2 owner...(as every one here is well aware! :P).  

Getting this for free is something completely new for IK, and I have to admit that
it makes me VERY happy for them to finally "come to the party", rather than their
usual RAPING....

IK is one of those "There's so many good things and so many bad things" companies. 
Those have to be weighed in the balance!  The saving grace for them is the quality of the product.

If you can get TS3 Max for $3 or 4 Hundred, and have the Jampoints to drop that price by 30%,
as just buying this one compressor is going to cost you a min of $70 with Jampoints,
I'd say do it.  Remember, the products that you already own can be sold (if allowed) to
reduce that expense even further.  If you want to know if a product can be sold, click
on the "License" Tab under the product in your account.  If the red "Transfer" button shows up then you 
can sell it.  Products received under promotions, or with hardware, can't be transferred.

I bought nothing since TS2 Max. Can’t use Jampoints, because of the discount code automatically applied, so my upgrade price is 299$ firm.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I bought nothing since TS2 Max. Can’t use Jampoints, because of the discount code automatically applied, so my upgrade price is 299$ firm.

Oh...good point...that's right...they apply a discount code rendering Jampoints useless!

• Sad 3

also, they now have their Leslie on sale. (So many sales going on at IKM.. I can't keep up with all the sales anymore). You can get Tracks Lesie for $35 with JP or get collection for $69 or so. FWIW.. Leslie is in IMO one of their better sounding sims and I haven't seen anyone else that has anything like it. I use it exclusively in AT 5 as I do a lot of weirdo Marc Ribot and David Lindley tones.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zargg said:

Anyone tried this, and compared to the UAD Distressor?

I've got that, so think I'm good, unless they've made this way better..

All the best.

I did, and it's quite nice, but I don't have the UAD to compare to, so can't speak to that.

• Thanks 1