iLok USB-C Announced- not a deal

Hidden Symmetry

For all you iLok fans. I know there's many of you out there. 😁

April 27th 2021, San Jose, California. PACE Anti-Piracy, Inc. have today announced the USB-C version of the third generation iLok USB. In addition to the iLok USB-A, PACE is now offering the iLok USB-C which uses the USB Type- C connector. Both iLok devices hold up to 1,500 authorizations—3x more than before—and deliver twice the transfer speed of the second generation iLok USB. Plus, it’s sleeker, smaller, and more secure, with a full metal jacket (made from durable aluminum) that won’t split or crack from normal use.

The iLok USB is fully backward compatible with previous versions – so all software developed for use with a 2nd generation iLok will continue to work with a 3rd generation iLok USB-A or USB-C. And with the addition of Zero Downtime (ZDT) protection, you will always have access to your licenses if your iLok USB is lost, damaged, or stolen.

FAQs

How many licenses can the iLok USB-A and USB-C hold?
The 3rd generation iLok USB-A and iLok USB-C can hold up to 1500 licenses depending on the license type. By comparison, the 2nd generation iLok can hold up to 500 licenses.

Can I have original iLoks and the iLok USB-A and iLok USB-C in my account at the same time?
Yes, you can have any combination of older iLoks and new iLoks in your account at the same time.

Does the new version of the iLok USB work just like the original iLok?
The 3rd generation iLok works the same as the 2nd generation iLok. It is also fully backward compatible.

Can I get Zero Downtime protection on a new iLok USB?
Zero Downtime (ZDT) is immediately available for 3rd generation iLok USB-A and iLok USB-C. Theft & Loss Coverage (TLC) may be enabled within the iLok License Manager application on ZDT-covered 2nd & 3rd generation iLoks.

Do I have to buy the new version of the iLok USB?
You do not need to purchase a new iLok USB to continue working. Note that software publishers may set some of their products to require 2nd generation or above iLoks.

Will you still be selling the USB-A third generation iLok?
Yes, 3rd generation iLoks are now available in both USB-A and USB-C versions.

Why should I buy the new version of the iLok USB-C?
If your computer only has USB Type-C ports, you can use the new iLok USB-C without the need for a USB Type-A to USB Type-C adapter connector.

Can I move licenses from an old iLok to a new iLok?
Yes, both the new and original iLok USB function the same.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Thanks 1

15,000 authorizations! I just wish I could get my Slate authorizations off of the iLok dongle. It's my last hold out. I have a perpetual licenses for Trigger with expansions, FG-X, VBC, VCC and VMR. Unless I'm missing something only Slate subscription subscribers are dongle-less. Sons-of-bitches! Thanks for letting me vent. 😆

Rocky

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bluzdog said:

15,000 authorizations! I just wish I could get my Slate authorizations off of the iLok dongle. It's my last hold out. I have a perpetual licenses for Trigger with expansions, FG-X, VBC, VCC and VMR. Unless I'm missing something only Slate subscription subscribers are dongle-less. Sons-of-bitches! Thanks for letting me vent. 😆

Rocky

Does Slate require the cloud session?  Or just Local Authorization with the Manager (but also not the physical dongle).  

7 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

Physical dongle only for perpetual licenses. Cloud for subscription service as far as I can tell.

Rocky

Terrible, no way I'd pay for that.

I'm firmly against subscriptions anyway...so I was out before the ilok issue anyway.  👀

Edited by Brian Walton