Focusrite Plugin Collective

cclarry

26 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Thanks I'm looking for a simple interface but with loopback recording.  MOTU M2 is on my list as is the Steinberg UR22C unit. Decision, decision, decisions...

Same for me. However the chances of getting a MOTU M2 are very slim at the moment (certainly here in the UK). So I got the Presonus Studio 26c which hass a loopback facility as well. Good specs and a bit cheaper. Plus a load of freebies incl Studio 5 Artist (just got an offer to upgrade to Pro) Ujam Rowdy bass, Arturia Lab Intro (got an offer from them via this freebie for Pigments for £60. Plus these others https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-Magic

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the tip on the freebie.  Already have a bajillion "classic" soft-synths, but I now have a new registration on my Tracktion account.  My MalwareBytes filter REALLY did not like Tracktion registration page.  I had to whitelist it and still click though a "Phishing Warning" from MB to get in.  False positive, I'm sure.  I think I have been on there in the past couple months without issue.

50 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Thanks I'm looking for a simple interface but with loopback recording.  MOTU M2 is on my list as is the Steinberg UR22C unit. Decision, decision, decisions...

I have both.  I haven't pushed either one.  The MOTU prefers 256 samples as default on my older i74790. 

BTW what was this months freebie? Was there one?

3 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Serious  note, is the Scarlett line worth getting instead of another brand for the freebies?

I've got a 1st gen Scarlett (it doesn't even have an on/off switch!) that I'm still using. My power adapter broke the other day so I contacted support. I fully expected them to tell me my interface was far too old, out of warranty, and that I'd have to buy another adapter from them (in which case I probably would have tried another brand). To my surprise, they sent me a new one for free!

So their support is pretty good (from my experience), and you get the occasional free plugins from Plugin Collective. The interface is good enough for me (i.e. the Scarlett range - not suggesting you find a 1st gen model), but you might have more demanding needs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1