Focusrite Plugin Collective

cclarry

18 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

I have it as part of the Novation Sound Collective. Might be they opened it up for Focusrite owners too now.

That sounds like the most plausible explanation.  I have Focusrite, but not Novation, and it wasn't
in my account the last time I checked...so seems logical

4 minutes ago, Anxiousmofo said:

That was in my Focusrite account for at least a couple months. 

Do you own a Novation product?  The two are connected.  I don't own a Novation product,
and don't recall seeing it there the last time I checked...and I certainly would have posted it...

Just now, InstrEd said:

Maybe just maybe Larry you're slipping. Old age and all (jk)  :D

I won't deny that...LOL

It was posted by Sander on March 6th...that was during my Hiatus...and it was for Novation Sound Collective members...
which trickles down to Focusrite after a while....

On a related note, what an incredibly confused strategy to call their new line of software "The Collective" when they already have the "The Plugin Collective." I found this copy amusing, for marketing and branding professionals, this is basically like reading "The Onion": 

"A note for our loyal Plug-in Collective members. Plug-in Collective is a separate entity from The Collective, and will remain separate for the foreseeable future. We encourage all Plug-in Collective members to check out The Collective!" 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

Serious  note, is the Scarlett line worth getting instead of another brand for the freebies?

The Scarlett interfaces are decent, especially for the money.  Presonus has their
"Collective" thing too called Studio Magic or whatever, where they give freebies with 
their interfaces...

I personally prefer the Scarlett interfaces...but that's just me.  And you can get into the
Collective with a Novation product also...

Lots of Options...

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1