Soundtoys Spring Sale

cclarry

1 hour ago, mibby said:

Come on SoundToys! What have you guys been up to??  I wonder if they lost some developers or something?

Exactly my thougths  ... they must be the slowest dev around , they sure take their time to do things right !!

12 hours ago, Zo said:

Exactly my thougths  ... they must be the slowest dev around , they sure take their time to do things right !!

Sometimes things are done right the 1st time and don't need updates.  When I needed to have my iLok products reset they were the first responders.

Just now, Paul Young said:

Sometimes things are done right the 1st time and don't need updates.  When I needed to have my iLok products reset they were the first responders.

I totally agree with you , i'm more talking about making new things , giving their pedegree and the quality of existing tools i really want them to serve us a little more ;)

Brands keeps releasing stuff here and there but the one that i want to hear from them nope ...

1 hour ago, Marc Cormier said:

Effect Rack was $100 last September.  Think I'm going to hold out (and kick myself again for not picking it up).

I'm sure you know this -  but they give a decent upgrade price in your account if you own plugins too... 

• Thanks 1

If you think about it they have a lot of plugins in that soundtoys 5 bundle so I think they probably figure if they made one or two or three or new plug-ins.. do they just include them free with an update or do they charge for an upgrade to get two or three new plug-ins? I feel like unless they're gonna make a whole slew of new plug-ins--not just a couple--you won't hear from them. I'd like a vintage octave-chorus plug-in from them but right now they're only really making money from new customers

37 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

If you think about it they have a lot of plugins in that soundtoys 5 bundle so I think they probably figure if they made one or two or three or new plug-ins.. do they just include them free with an update or do they charge for an upgrade to get two or three new plug-ins? I feel like unless they're gonna make a whole slew of new plug-ins--not just a couple--you won't hear from them. I'd like a vintage octave-chorus plug-in from them but right now they're only really making money from new customers

I could see adding a couple new plugins, adding oversampling, updating the interfaces (resizable) and calling that v6

10 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

I could see adding a couple new plugins, adding oversampling, updating the interfaces (resizable) and calling that v6

I don't think I'd pay for that. It's pretty great as-is. (Are they all VST2 still?)  But could certainly use the improvements you mentioned.  I'm just curious what has happened to them. They were one of the premier developers but they just dropped off the map...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mibby said:

I'm just curious what has happened to them. They were one of the premier developers but they just dropped off the map...

Yeah, definitely strange. It seems like they quit at the height of their game. When I bought the v5 bundle, I kinda thought I was also buying into future development.

57 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Yeah, definitely strange. It seems like they quit at the height of their game. When I bought the v5 bundle, I kinda thought I was also buying into future development.

Has anyone thought to just email them and ask them what they've been up to lately? Lol seriously, I almost *have* to know. I think I will. Soundtoys must not be the main gig of whoever is behind their stuff

• Like 1

But remember how long it took for soundtoys 5 to come around? Remember how they kept saying it's almost here it's almost here just about ready but then it would get pushed out another month or two or three. They're like a gourmet food that you can't have any old time you want it but when it is available people are lined up around the block

• Haha 1

With so many plugins released by their competitors since, they're still at the very top for me. And the $83 I paid for the Effect Rack feels like cheating, for what I got.

You can find the full bundle for sale on KVR fairly regularly at about the same price (or below) as the current offer, if you're interested but for some reason can't jump in right now.