Import CD Audio - what does the (number) indicate?

In my limited experience, every time you import a file (I've seen it with wav files), there's a sequential number in parentheses. Maybe its the same for cda files.  

EDIT: Since the first one in that images is (4), by any chance did you import 3 other audio files in that session of Cakewalk (or maybe using the same project)?  

My Example:

image.png.823b5278743968b8f4317bfc5a2f1711.png

I have been working on a series of oral history interviews. I started with a previously digitized version of Tape 1 side a and then imported a digitized wav file of Tape 1 side b.  After I marked up one tape [using Cakewalk's markers plus comments in Notes] I saved Tape 1, erased the data in the track, and then used the same project for Tape 2 sides a & b.

So, Tape 5 side a is the 11th importing of a wav file for that project--even though I saved a project with the contents of one two-sided tape after each mark-up session. 

Perhaps you have all of the converted files in your Audio folder for that project?

image.png.0dd4cdf527a015e37a36cad3ca35667f.png

Edited by User 905133
to add additional details based on my limited experience in case it helps explain the (nn) numbers

I guess I never noticed that imported audio files would also do the (number) thing. In my case, this was a new empty project (although I did have another project open at the time).

Just for fun I started a fresh instance of Cakewalk and, from the Start Screen, went directly to a new empty project and imported from CD; selected the first couple of tracks, and I get:

• Track01.cda (5)
  • Track02.cda (6)

I then closed the project, and this time, File > New and created an empty project, specifying the name and file system location (rather than the Start Screen "open new project without saving to disk").

Ah. This time I get:

• Track01.cda (1)
  • Track02.cda (2)

So this might be something to do with open file handles and maybe the Start Screen keeps some pre-allocated for the unsaved .cwp. Just for kicks I closed the project and, once again, used the Start Screen to create a new empty unsaved project. This time I see:

• Track01.cda (6)
  • Track02.cda (7)

I'm gonna file this under "interesting, move on".  🙂    Thanks for your reply, @User 905133

"Interesting" indeed!!!  Maybe someone will chime in with an "official" answer.  I just noticed it was sequential and moved on to the project at hand--most recently with my oral interview tapes, though I did notice it a while back on my XP PC using SONAR X1 during a project where I was going through a bunch of my improvs with an ear towards editing together sections of different performances.

Edited by User 905133