AIR Updates

GroverKen

27 minutes ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Amazing that after years of AIR promising free updates with scalable GUI's we get...this. And only after their plugs broke in Windows and some retailers stopped selling them as a result.

Bravo?!?

That’s what I asked earlier, if their plugs still broke in Windows, but nobody replied.

12 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Anybody else use it, think its ok?

STRIKE is another I dont bother with.

I love Air instruments. Structure has some very nice sounds, particularly, orchestral, pop brass and electric guitar, and Strike is perfect for quick and dirty sketches and drafts. As for synths, Hybrid and Loom are my go-to ones. 

• Like 2

AIR has been a great value (bang) for the buck!

However, I continue to be conflicted about their customer and technical support practices. It would be nice to see them re-establish a respectable presence in that regard.

Edited by abacab

20 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

That’s what I asked earlier, if their plugs still broke in Windows, but nobody replied.

DB-33 crashes my DAW and Strike is suspect. These are not real upgrades, though, according to an earlier comment.

So, overall I'm not into AIR bashing. I still think that I got a great deal for the collection. But overall, I'm just disappointed that they don't do more with their existing portfolio of virtual instruments. So much potential... 😢

Even though the Windows plug-ins have not been updated, I still think they are a great value if you catch them in bundles, etc.  I resurrected many of them for use on my laptop for simplicity of install/activation (iLok software) and low space and CPU impact. @Yan Filiatrault - I have not experienced any crashes or problems with AIR FX or VSTi with Windows on either desktop or laptop.  I think I have most if not all the VSTi's.  I only have a subset of the FX that came with a MIDI hardware purchase some time ago, and I don't use those regularly.

20 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Are those products now safe to install normally in Windows?

Here is my experience on my PC which is configured as per my signature.

I have iLok licence manager version 5.3.2 Build 3375 64bit installed.  As of 12 May 2021, this is the latest version.

I installed Loom II successfully (which does have a built in iLok licence manger in the installer). I did not reboot then.

After that had completed, I checked my “Programs and Features” .  “Bonjour” was installed (Which installs with the iLok manager).

iLok licence manger itself was not installed.  To make sure, I opened up the iLok licence manger, make sure it was still the latest. It was.

I uninstalled “Bonjour” - this does not need to be installed or present for iLok licence manger to validate iLok licences.

I rebooted the PC and it rebooted correctly.

I tried using a plugin that I know requires iLok to work.  All worked fine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, abacab said:

I have 4 AIR synths and paid next to nothing for all of them combined, so while the browsers could be easier on the eye in some cases, the close to zero prices suggested to me that I shouldn't expect much in terms of updates, so I don't. Now, if I'd paid what PIB and the likes sometimes claim to be the "before sale" price that might be different, but I doubt there are many of those people, at least in recent years.

9 hours ago, abacab said:

However, I continue to be conflicted about their customer and technical support practices. It would be nice to see them re-establish a respectable presence in that regard.

Exactly what ABACAB said! i wrote to them recently re the BDF Drum purchase to enquire re all my AIR stuff - although i received an automated "how did we do" response a few days later, I have not had a reply re my enquiry. shame.

Nigel

7 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

They have also updated the Creative FX Collection

https://www.airmusictech.com/product/creative-fx-collection-plus#updates

And when you run it the only option it  gives is 

airefx_update.jpg.6b5a3c4e66a8eaed7a7ea5e68f13bc62.jpg

I think that update is from a few years back. Open the zip and the uninstalled files are 2016

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

I think that update is from a few years back. Open the zip and the uninstalled files are 2016

On my PC I noticed this, too (yesterday). Plus some of the other updates (for instruments) don't seem to update the version numbers in Cakewalk even after a new VST plug-in scan (including existing plug-ins). Scook's VST Inventory Tool also indicates allegedly new files (ones with 2021 dates in the unzipped files) are not being seen. 

Please Note: I didn't try a complete plug-in reset yet. 

image.thumb.png.1414f0fde7e8002ea475380ea46ef0ec.png

Edited by User 905133

7 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Exactly what ABACAB said! i wrote to them recently re the BDF Drum purchase to enquire re all my AIR stuff - although i received an automated "how did we do" response a few days later, I have not had a reply re my enquiry. shame.

Nigel

I actually talked to an extremely nice woman there about BFD  As nice as she was, she was of zero help, and then I got the  survey too. If not for Drew on these forums, I’d still be flailing away.

7 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

This is also the WORST website if you ever wanted to download your purchases again.  I bought their complete bundle once and hold on to your email links. Their web development is also a testament to half assed AIR is.  

I have all the installers downloaded on a USB drive if I ever need to reinstall at any stage

• Great Idea 1

On 5/11/2021 at 12:45 PM, cclarry said:

I don't even have these installed, and I have all of them.  I keep them updated,
but why waste the drive space.  Mind you, they are decent enough, howbeit old,
just not what I would use...

At least the green one is exellent for pad design imho

• Like 2