Project crashes Cakewalk on closing

Matt Dunn

Question

Hi,

Apols in advance if this isn't the best place for a techy question like this, but I have a project file that keeps crashing Cakewalk every time I close it and I'm not sure how to find the culprit.

I've saved the file with another version number, but had the same outcome. I've also opened and closed all four earlier versions of the same file—same outcome with all except the very first version, which was extremely basic and would essentially require me to start from scratch if I wanted to get the piece back to where I'm at with the most recent (version 5) save.

I did a fresh install of Cakewalk last week on a brand new Windows 10 laptop. This issue never occured on the old PC, and hasn't affected any other file I've opened so far, so I can only assume it's something to do with the install that's specific to one or more elements of this (and possibly other as yet unopened) projects created on the old machine.

Screenshot and the third of three crashdump files are attached. If anyone can interpret them for me I'd be hugely appreciative.

Screenshot 2021-05-11 093822.png

_05112021_093538.dmp

Edited by Matt Dunn
typos

2 answers to this question

Almost certainly a specific plug-in (I have 2 that do this with 100% consistency!).  Open in safe mode, and work through them one-by-one (or, more efficiently, do a binary tree search to identify the culprit).