"Michaels House", brand new tune

bats brew

5 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

Quite a nice sound @Batsbrew I do wonder if the drums are a little too busy around the 2:20 mark, could just be me.  Nice sound though and the mix sounds reasonable here, is this a first pass?

hey wookiee!

yea, i agree with the busy drums, i've already gone in and edited all that extra stuff out there....

it makes more sense to let the thing go a bit ambient there, i've got like 6 guitars feeding back there!! LOL, don't need no stinkin' drums!

this version will not be messed with, because i'm actively working on the vocal version of it, which will sound quite  a bit different than this one.

but i have a bout of bronchitus right now, so wont be singing for a while!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, batsbrew said:

hey wookiee!

yea, i agree with the busy drums, i've already gone in and edited all that extra stuff out there....

it makes more sense to let the thing go a bit ambient there, i've got like 6 guitars feeding back there!! LOL, don't need no stinkin' drums!

this version will not be messed with, because i'm actively working on the vocal version of it, which will sound quite  a bit different than this one.

but i have a bout of bronchitis right now, so wont be singing for a while!

Sorry to hear about the chest hope it clears for you soon best to you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2019 at 3:57 AM, daryl1968 said:

great playing and tones as usual mate. It maybe my imagination but is it a little light on the lower end?

....and, yes drums are a bit busy for my tastes.

hey daryl thanks for listening!

on all the higher end playback systems i've listened to this on, there is plenty of low end.

what system is your playback?

yes, the drums are busy in the breakdown spots, i've already re-programmed those things,

but during the verses and choruses, it's full on~

:)

9 minutes ago, batsbrew said:

hey daryl thanks for listening!

on all the higher end playback systems i've listened to this on, there is plenty of low end.

what system is your playback?

yes, the drums are busy in the breakdown spots, i've already re-programmed those things,

but during the verses and choruses, it's full on~

:)

I was listening to this one on a system with a separate sub-woofer and it usually over accentuates the bass.  Maybe I was feeling cranky (hadn't had my frosted flakes)

I'll have a listen on my studio monitors later

2 hours ago, daryl1968 said:

I was listening to this one on a system with a separate sub-woofer and it usually over accentuates the bass.  Maybe I was feeling cranky (hadn't had my frosted flakes)

I'll have a listen on my studio monitors later

it's good to know...

i did a hard rolloff at 45hz, 

it helps make the low end more clear for my kind of mix,

but if i extended that down to at least past 40hz, i could get some of the 'deep' back.

i have sub kick track, that peaks at 55hz,

i've experimented a lot with much lower sub (35) and it just doesn't work for my mixes.

with a more wide open mix, like the "pali face" mix, i could probably get away with it.

thanks man, this is good info.

On 4/28/2019 at 1:18 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

That was a cool jam - I really liked the wah-wah - excellent guitar playing as usual.  As far as the lower end is concerned, in my opinion, it sounds more like a 70's or 80's rock mix.

hey douglas! thanks for listening

you know, wah was my very first effect i ever got,

and i was so into hendrix at the time, just playing along with electric ladyland, and trying to figure out how to make my guitar talk like that!

i'm still dialing in the low end, so eventually it should sound tighter and more modern.

On 4/28/2019 at 6:40 PM, Cookie Jarvis said:

That's no alternative rock, that's a space station! ;) Metal fusion at it's best, a joy to listen to!

Bill

ha! alternative....

i guess i just pick that genre, because it's kinda generic, covers many bases...

but yea, for instrumental like this, maybe another genre is really required!

hey, thanks for checking it out, and commenting on it. metal fusion!

On 5/3/2019 at 6:28 AM, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi batsbrew,

Excellent guitar playing + love the wah bits.

Great solos and nice breakdown ending.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

hey paul!

thanks for listening....

rock on!