Get British Kolorizer, a AI anolog modeling saturation plugin for free until Jun 17.

cclarry

Simply create an account, add it to cart and checkout to get the download link.

"From vintage to vavoom, the British Kolorizer, or the “BK” for short, takes sound to a whole new level. The opulent sound of tomorrow, comes to you today. The BK delivers the sharp ultra-modern advantage of AI.

AI makes it possible to interpret between the various forms of sound and science to analyze the system and perfect your music creation. The BK is endowed with the characteristics of human intellectual processes that can discover threads and learn, making repetition a thing of the past. The feeling is cozy and intimate, just like that of an exquisite sunset."

https://www.master-tones.com/product/british-kolorizer/

bk-v2.jpg

• Thanks 4

Does anyone know anything about this developer?  There's no info about them on the website and they only recently established social media accounts. They might be a talented new shop, but they also might not be. Does anyone have any insights they could share? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Does anyone know anything about this developer?  There's no info about them on the website and they only recently established social media accounts. They might be a talented new shop, but they also might not be. Does anyone have any insights they could share? 

More info in the discussion on the Audio Plugin Sale Facebook page. Same questions were asked there and the developer responded.:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/plugindeals/permalink/3723205951122689/

You may need to be a member of APS to see the post.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, boxed said:

I read it like "British Kolonizer" at first.

Their Facebook page says they're a startup from Taiwan. Whats British about this?

Yes, we are startup from Taiwan. The "British" is linked to the real tube amp we have sampled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, phycause said:

Hi folks, my name is Neil. I am the founder and one of the researcher of Master Tones. Very thanks for interesting in our first audio plug-in.  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me or in-box our FB.

Thanks for the plugin and dropping in to say "hi".   Looking forward to trying this out!  What other plugins will you be working on?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mibby said:

Thanks for the plugin and dropping in to say "hi".   Looking forward to trying this out!  What other plugins will you be working on?

Hi! Many thanks for your kind reply. We are now working on an hardware EQ , and also a new concept of audio plug-in to bring your sound more analog-feel (this still in discussion). If you have any wish of hardware emulation audio plug-in, feel free to tell me!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, neil82027 said:

and also a new concept of audio plug-in to bring your sound more analog-feel (this still in discussion).

This sounds interesting! 

A couple of notes on Kolorizer: 

1. It sounds pretty good!

2. Not a big deal - when selecting a Preset, the Preset Name you selected switches back to "Preset".

3. Not so good - on Studio One Professional v5 Win10, just one instance of the plugin takes from 22-24% of my CPU! It probably won't be used much because of that.  😕

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neil82027 said:

If you have any wish of hardware emulation audio plug-in, feel free to tell me!

This is a tough one :)

There was an amazing hardware chorus with a distinctive sound, ruled in the studios in 80-ties - Dyno My Piano TSC-618 Tri Stereo Chorus:

1.-Dyno-My-Piano-Chorus-618-Front.jpg?v=

https://retrogearshop.com/products/dyno-my-piano-tsc-618-tri-stereo-chorus

Later it also had a few successors like Dytronics CS-5, Songbird TSC 1380 or the T.E.R.C. from Fulltone. I assume they all sound great. I actually have that one from Fulltone with my Amplitube Fulltone collection from IKM and it sounds just as beautiful as some my favorite tunes from the 80-ties :D but there is a problem with it:

• it does collapse stereo signal to mono on the input, just as the original hardware did
  • it's a rack effect tied to a huge resource heavy chunk of a software

Maybe it's a good idea to make a slick reliable plugin that could take the stereo output from our software pianos or stereo recordings as is and still sound just as good if not better. Or maybe it's not popular enough to justify the efforts, IDK ;) 

Told you it's a tough one... (or a fun challenge)

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 10:37 AM, mibby said:

This sounds interesting! 

A couple of notes on Kolorizer: 

1. It sounds pretty good!

2. Not a big deal - when selecting a Preset, the Preset Name you selected switches back to "Preset".

3. Not so good - on Studio One Professional v5 Win10, just one instance of the plugin takes from 22-24% of my CPU! It probably won't be used much because of that.  😕

Thanks for the kind feedback!

For the switch about Preset, I'll discuss with our UX designer!

As for the CPU, this may be caused by the diversity of the CPU models. It needs to take some time to do the optimization. We'll figure out how to optimize on the CPUs in the future!