To Make You Feel Better-Original

Johnbee58

All of my life I felt that it was my responsibility to make the people closest to me happy 24/7/365. If they weren't, for whatever reason, I've felt that it was my fault and I was letting them down, even if their depression had nothing to do with me. I think my wife has finally convinced me that It's not always my fault.

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandid=1058168

🙂John B

Edited by Johnbee58
  • Like 1

All of my life I felt that it was my responsibility to make the people closest to me happy.

this is called co-dependency.it's saying without words to another tell me how i should feel.

now have i mentioned to record your voice 2 times and blend together?your voice needs to be more full.the song sounds nice with the different colors.less bass notes are needed.make the kick have more bottom.jack c.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, jack c. said:

All of my life I felt that it was my responsibility to make the people closest to me happy.

this is called co-dependency.it's saying without words to another tell me how i should feel.

now have i mentioned to record your voice 2 times and blend together?your voice needs to be more full.the song sounds nice with the different colors.less bass notes are needed.make the kick have more bottom.jack c.

@jack c.So sorry you don't like the song, Jack, but thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.  My bass lines tend to be melodic. 🙂

🙂John B.

Edited by Johnbee58

6 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

I thought it was a cool song - I thought the mix sounded fine to my ears. I enjoyed the lyrics - well crafted there. It sounded like you sang from the heart - nice job.

@Douglas KirbyThanks so much, Doug!

🙂John B

Edited by Johnbee58

2 hours ago, Lynn Wilson said:

John, I caught this song the other day but didn't have time to comment.  I think it's a terrific song and showcases your increasing professionalism.  Please put it back up!  Don't let one person's opinion discourage you.

Thanks Lynn, but it wasn't the opinion of one person.  I just got to thinking that this is one time I might have been baring my soul a bit too much and it was a turn off to many of these people.  Since more people are asking for it to be re-posted, I'll put it back.

🙂 JB

2 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

Thanks Lynn, but it wasn't the opinion of one person.  I just got to thinking that this is one time I might have been baring my soul a bit too much and it was a turn off to many of these people.  Since more people are asking for it to be re-posted, I'll put it back.

🙂 JB

John . . . please don't be so worried about "baring my soul a bit too much", it's just your Cakewalk friends, I don't see too much judgement here. I just went and listened to it on that other site where you have it still, it's a great piece, you should be proud of this one . . . personally, I relate to this song very much . . . you've really got your heart out there, just keep it out there.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, noynekker said:

John . . . please don't be so worried about "baring my soul a bit too much", it's just your Cakewalk friends, I don't see too much judgement here. I just went and listened to it on that other site where you have it still, it's a great piece, you should be proud of this one . . . personally, I relate to this song very much . . . you've really got your heart out there, just keep it out there.

@noynekkerI did worry about it before I posted it on Monday, but I threw caution to the wind and just did it.  Then, a few hours later the first thing the very first reviewer said was that I was being "co dependent" and I thought to myself "Gee, I thought this was a music site, but apparently it's become a psychological site".  So, being psychoanalyzed from the git-go I saw as a bad sign.  Kinda made me feel "dirty" for being that way and writing the song for a few seconds.  But after Lynn's post I began to think that, as music is self expression, I shouldn't worry about it.  It's not as if I'm expressing feeling that I want to commit mass murder.  It's no worse than Lennon singing "Yes, I'm lonely.  Wanna Die" ("Yer Blues" The Beatles 1968).

So I put it back up.  Call me crazy if you want.  I'm in good company.

🙂John B.

EDIT-And thank you, noynekker, for your kind words.

Edited by Johnbee58

John, I was listening to the lyrics but also to how you insert little musical phrases that enhance the mood. Not sure if I phrased that right. (See what I did there?)  For example that transition at ~2.11 that leads into the next part which I thought was very well done.
Nice job!
-Bjorn

• Thanks 1