Extremely long mixing times

So, what IS the longest song ever recorded?

I'm glad you asked:

The longest officially released song is 'The Noise Militia (#38/76)' by Steve Lieberman (USA), which lasts 35 hr 41 min 9 sec, released on 3 December 2020.

Even though I've managed to do with the export problem (just by selecting what to render) I'm still curious about how to reduce the project duration. 

It's been said several times that "ghost" events may be added somewhere by the end of the project and that this events (automation nodes, tempo events, markers, whatever...) make the project duration so large. 

The problem is that those "ghost" events don't appear at any "inspection view": neither on the track view (all automation and takes tracks expanded) nor on the event list so, how can this events be identified?

On 5/12/2021 at 9:29 PM, bdickens said:

"Select: all" quickly highlights everything and will quickly show you at a glance if there is anything beyond the presumed end of your project.

Ctrl + Alt + F (zoom the entire project into the view horizontally) is also a good way to check this - you immediately know if the project end is where it should be or not. So is actually Ctrl + End as well as it takes you to the project end, whatever CbB deems it to be.

Edited by petemus

On 5/13/2021 at 2:46 PM, RobertWS said:

So, what IS the longest song ever recorded?

I'm glad you asked:

The longest officially released song is 'The Noise Militia (#38/76)' by Steve Lieberman (USA), which lasts 35 hr 41 min 9 sec, released on 3 December 2020.

There should be a prompt asking "is this a cover of 'The Noise Militia (#38/76)' [yes] [no, cancel mixdown] [my song is longer than that short pop hit, continue]"  😁