My completed live bass rig rack

Bapu

14 hours ago, Bapu said:

The GED 2112 provides lots of that.

The rest of the rack is more organic. 🙂 

Is that why people say that bass players usually have little organs ?

I always wondered what that meant.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Sheens said:

haves enough speakers mate ?
nqadg1uz8kf11.jpg

3-Wall.jpg

Those pics remind me of when I was a kid. Pre-teen days. My dad used to take me to the town dump to explore. Back then it was open to the public and you could just drive back and dump stuff. People would move or someone would die and you'd go back there and all their stuff would just be sitting there in boxes. I got half my record collection from there.

But the cool thing was back then you could throw out TV's. They were mostly all the old, well not too old back in the 70's, console kind. I used to take a small set of tools with me and take the backs off. I had boxes and boxes of old vacuum tubes I pulled out of them and I used to take the speakers out and wire up in my bedroom. I had them chained all over the place. I had dozens of them them all around the room hooked up to my dads 8 Track/LP player/Radio console unit. Those old TV speakers came in all kinds of weird shapes and sizes. Anyhoo. Those pics caused a flashback, for more than one reason. Hah.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Anyone notice the two Alembics in the bottom picture? Of course it's the same one in the top pic of JG by himself. 

Pfft …

… you manage to go 15+ years without a mention and now it's all Alembic this, Alembic that 9_9

And what is this organ of which you and Paulo speak? Is it a Hammond?

I need to know this stuff to feel relevant around here.

Thankee.

Carry on.

Good times : - )

2 minutes ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Pfft …

… you manage to go 15+ years without a mention and now it's all Alembic this, Alembic that 9_9

And what is this organ of which you and Paulo speak? Is it a Hammond?

I need to know this stuff to feel relevant around here.

Thankee.

Carry on.

Good times : - )

Well Done!

5 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Hard to take him seriously seeing how he uses Reaper. Pretty hair though. *ducking for cover* 😁

I disagree with one point. He likes new strings for recording I don't like the sound of fresh strings on anything. But he's the pro so ...

I have a cheap Indonesian made Squire Jazz/Precision bass. I love it. Skinny neck, tons of pickup/sound options. No noise at all. 

That vid reminded me of a midwest talk show we have here called The Bob & Tom Show. They had a skit on there called Bass Talk.

• Like 1