PA Vouchers and Bx_Oberhausen Preview

cclarry

28 minutes ago, Greg said:

What exactly is it? How do you like it?

Zo is just kidding. This surely is the Plugin Alliance take on the Oberheim SEM emulation, and it reproduces the synth panel just like the Arturia version (hence, they're almost identical). Apparently they also added effects to it, taken from the PA pantheon (and it looks like they also added an arpegiator and a modulation matrix).

Soon we will know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zo said:

lol no kidding here , beta tested this ;) great one for sure , and the FX rack we can use is great ..

Now I'm impressed!!! 😮😮😮

Sorry for my impertinence, Zo. I should have checked your video again before jumping into conclusions. I saw your video but, after a while, I was just hearing it and did not paid much attention to the image.

So... do you think the PA emulation is on par or better than Arturia's (that I like a lot BTW)?

I was hoping that Softube could release some vintage synth emulations since the sound of their modular stuff is second to none.

1 hour ago, Sergio said:

Now I'm impressed!!! 😮😮😮

Sorry for my impertinence, Zo. I should have checked your video again before jumping into conclusions. I saw your video but, after a while, I was just hearing it and did not paid much attention to the image.

So... do you think the PA emulation is on par or better than Arturia's (that I like a lot BTW)?

I was hoping that Softube could release some vintage synth emulations since the sound of their modular stuff is second to none.

Sergio no need to apologise ... in fact i didn t compared them side to side and was more ficused on features and stability ...

For me , the arturia is usperior when it comes to interfacing ... sound wise , i can t say that much ;)  i let you guyz decide ...

Release price is $99 for "heavy hitters". With my $25 coupon it'll be $74. Tempting, although I REALLY don't need another synth 🤔

The fact is: last year I loose the opportunity of getting a REAL SEM (actually, 2 of them in the same unit) and I really regret this. If this emulation is good enough maybe I could pardon meself.

What do ya think, Zo?

Edited by Sergio

Well sergio it s more about what you need ... usually for sound generation , i give a high priority to inspiration and how fast i get what i need and want ..i ain t gonna spend dayz doing a/b like i can do with compressors lol ...

so if you re after the absolute oberheim sound , this one might be what can def do it itb ...opx pro also is a beast ...but if you need to expand your sonic palette , it  s about what s missing from your arsenal ... 

try it and let your feeling decide , and don t feel bad about the HW or even the software , if you decided to not gôfor itb, pretty sure in you subconscient you had good reasons ;) 

10 hours ago, Zo said:

Well sergio it s more about what you need ... usually for sound generation , i give a high priority to inspiration and how fast i get what i need and want ..i ain t gonna spend dayz doing a/b like i can do with compressors lol ...

so if you re after the absolute oberheim sound , this one might be what can def do it itb ...opx pro also is a beast ...but if you need to expand your sonic palette , it  s about what s missing from your arsenal ... 

try it and let your feeling decide , and don t feel bad about the HW or even the software , if you decided to not gôfor itb, pretty sure in you subconscient you had good reasons ;) 

Thanks for your kind words, Zo (as always). Yes, I have a fall for those classic synths; after all, many of my favorite pieces of music were made with them in the past few decades ☺️. And I was just kidding about regrets (well... more or less). I have the Arturia SEM and I like it a lot but I'll probably get this one also since it has some additional features (like the unison mode f.i.) and the intro price, IMO, seems reasonable.

1 hour ago, Sergio said:

Thanks for your kind words, Zo (as always). Yes, I have a fall for those classic synths; after all, many of my favorite pieces of music were made with them in the past few decades ☺️. And I was just kidding about regrets (well... more or less). I have the Arturia SEM and I like it a lot but I'll probably get this one also since it has some additional features (like the unison mode f.i.) and the intro price, IMO, seems reasonable.

Also you can use your vaucher to lower the price ;)