Theme>Browser>Synth Rack Tabs?

Starship Krupa

I'm working on another new theme and at that point where I'm tidying up the last several images (until I find several more that I missed).

With my first custom theme, I went about it by basically choosing a couple of colors, one main color and an accent color and then ripped through all the existing images and colors in Tungsten with the help of TYLIP until (mostly) everything was green or golden brown.

This time around I have more experience(both with TE and CbB) and understand that not everything I changed needed to be changed and that there are lots of time (and effort) saving shortcuts, especially in the area of button and tab images. Many of them only ever display two states, some even only use a single section of the image. I'm avoiding a lot of redundant work this way.

Tl/dr: Where are the images Browser/Synth Tab (and the "narrow" and "collapsed" variations used? They're listed in TYLIP, which usually means that at some point they glowed bright purple for Colin. Of course I dutifully colored them green last time around. I've never seen them in the actual program, though, AFAIK.

Can anyone help me out finding them in the UI?

CbB is a big ol' beast, and it's possible that I'm not exposing them. I'm also making the assumption that I should look for them somewhere near the Browser and/or Synth Rack.

(I know it doesn't matter for my own use of CbB, but I want to release this one into the wild)

Currently obsolete. Tabs are leftovers from when the synth rack was part of the Browser.

A while back they separated it from the Browser even tho it's still tied to it.

Confusing for sure when collapsed.

I would have preferred they left it as-was and made each tab draggable out to it's own floating window instead of just the synth rack.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

10 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Tl/dr: Where are the images Browser/Synth Tab (and the "narrow" and "collapsed" variations used? They're listed in TYLIP, which usually means that at some point they glowed bright purple for Colin.

Not quite. YLIP started out as a basic dump of every theme-able element as listed in the Theme Editor. If the entry in YLIP isn't bold text then that means either that I haven't bothered to track it down and document it (because it's obvious), or I haven't found it YET.  At the point of determining with 99% confidence that the element is no longer used, I mark it "No Longer Used" or "Obsolete".

Thanks for reminding me about this one  - the Synth Rack tabs are not used as far as I can tell, and I believe @sjoens is correct about this. I'll mark them as such in the next YLIP update.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sjoens said:

The collapse button (<</>>) works for this, but it would be less confusing if the Synth buttons were still there. Especially when the Synth Rack is the only window open in the Browser.

I know, right? This morning I actually deliberately closed the "browser" but left the Synth Rack docked to see if the collapsed tab would show up under that condition, but no - there's just the collapsed bar with "SYNTH RACK" instead of "SYNTH RACK | BROWSER" so I guess it really doesn't need a tab button of its own.

Since I don't like wasted effort (on anyone's part), I'm trying to keep track of things like unused button and tab states so that we don't wind up wasting time customizing things that will never be seen.

I've also been trying out full transparency on button and tab backgrounds, which makes it so that I can change the color of the elements they sit on without having to change the background color of the button itself. It also allows for some interesting effects like cutouts. It doesn't work with everything (oddly, sometimes TE will automatically replace the transparency with black).