How can I make the music louder and keep the good quality?

girldairy

I'm also looking for some mixing advice/tutorials (specifically Cakewalk if possible) on mixing/normalizing/compression if you have any suggestions?

Just not sure what kind of levels I should be aiming for to get my track similar in level to a radio/commercial track without clipping.

E.g. do you suggest normalizing tracks then adjusting gain (or the fader)?

57 minutes ago, CDK said:

I'm also looking for some mixing advice/tutorials (specifically Cakewalk if possible) on mixing/normalizing/compression if you have any suggestions?

Just not sure what kind of levels I should be aiming for to get my track similar in level to a radio/commercial track without clipping.

E.g. do you suggest normalizing tracks then adjusting gain (or the fader)?

You have posted this same message on at least 5 other threads in a very short amount of time. Please do not do this again.

1 hour ago, scook said:

You have posted this same message on at least 5 other threads in a very short amount of time. Please do not do this again.

Apologies, that was not my intention. I'll delete the other messages.

However any advice on my question would be great, thanks :)

A lot of good advice above.

Having often seen cases, where the OP doesn't actually know how to find out the actual level of the audio, I want to ask:

How have you come to the conclusion that the tracks level is too low?
Remember, that what you hear, is not the answer.  There are many ways of getting distracted listening to the exported audio
through different signal paths (Different routes inside the DAW, Media Player, etc.).  What are the db levels of the exported track ? 
When you import it back to the DAW, does the level remain the same?

If this really is a question of a single acoustic track, normalizing is a very sane first step, IMO. Just don't normalize up to  0 dB, but somewhere
around -4 - -5 dB. Then add a limiter/compressor to raise the level to your liking. Just don't aim at 0 db. If the wav audio is later converted to mp3, you need at least 0,3 db
margin to avoid clipping when converting. 

What do you have on the acoustic track? An acoustic guitar or piano? It's possible that low, almost inaudible hums of the instrument disturb the sound image, adding volume that is irrelevant, and leads to clipping, when you try to raise the dominant audible parts to a good level.
Try EQing / High pass filtering out the lowest 50-80 hz (or even 100-120 hz depending on the material).