Ideal length of a bass solo - where does it fit on this scale?

Reminds me of when I saw Jefferson Starship outdoors in a stadium.  Right in the middle of the bass solo the plug came right out of his amp and you could see a roadie running onto the stage to put it back in.  But the best part was when one of the other musicians went up to the mic and declared "We swear that wasn't intentional!" 🤣

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bapu said:

To some the bass solo feels like the beer can

I can't agree with that.

Beer cans are useful. They contain beer and aid in the transportation of beer from brewer to residence. 

Unless they meant American beer cans - hard to see what the point of those is.

• Haha 1

Just now, Bapu said:

To smash against our foreheads?

You can do that with proper beer cans after you've enjoyed the delicious contents.

It's usually best not to try when they're still full.

• Great Idea 1

19 hours ago, paulo said:

Unless they meant American beer cans - hard to see what the point of those is.

An American tourist is in Germany and goes into a bar.  He asks, "Do you have any American beer?"

The bartender says "Nein".

The American says, "Well give me the closest thing you have."

The bartender hands him a glass of tap water.

Caveat:  That joke is dated.  Some microbreweries are producing really good stuff (at least in my area).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RobertWS said:

An American tourist is in Germany and goes into a bar.  He asks, "Do you have any American beer?"

The bartender says "Nein".

The American says, "Well give me the closest thing you have."

The bartender hands him a glass of tap water.

Caveat:  That joke is dated.  Some microbreweries are producing really good stuff (at least in my area).

Exactly.  That's why I specifically said "canned" in my comment.  One of the only good things about living in this area (possibly the only one) is that it has a lot of excellent micro-brews all created locally.  The late owner of the dart bar I played out of (pictured below) created the following winning beer with his brother - awesome stuff!

page_1_thumb_large.jpg19695.png imgres79.jpg