In Matrix View is it possible to loop "all" columns?

yeto

Question

8 answers to this question

It has been a while since I've used MV, but the other issue is that MIDI learn needs to come from a hardware source. If you could feed a MIDI track into MV and MIDI learn note data from that driving track it would be simple (locked to a MIDI channel would be even better). Such a feature would dramatically improve the usefulness of the MV.

One underlying reason for the OP is also that a column can be of several sample lengths, and there is no way to define "end of column loop" to my knowledge.

As tecknot mentioned, the only way I know to drive columns is manually via mouse-clicking or a hardware controller that was MIDI learned.

I did a test and assigned midinotes to the columns and used the step sequenser to play the notes that in turn played the columns. It worked.

But as mentioned there's no way to get an indication that says when a sample/sound is done playing.

17 hours ago, abacab said:

Matrix View is something that the developers could improve. 

It does a few things well, but is not a full replacement for something like the Ableton Live session view workflow.

You caught me. I was hoping to mimic Ableton.

43 minutes ago, Kurre said:

I did a test and assigned midinotes to the columns and used the step sequenser to play the notes that in turn played the columns. It worked.

But as mentioned there's no way to get an indication that says when a sample/sound is done playing.

Thank you for checking. I will at least use it to hold chords as I build a song.

57 minutes ago, abacab said:

You can get Ableton Live Lite or Bitwig 8 Track for free with certain 3rd party MIDI controllers and hardware products that bundle them. 

That is good to know. I will watch for promotions.

Thank you,
yeto