Hello,

I have just installed CW curious about music production a hobby. There is no output, all the gauges and so on are showing levels but there's no sound. Other programs and sources and so on play as usual. I haven't changed anything physically. I've played around with all the audio output preferences but nothing seems to get CW playing back.

Obviously I've missed something super basic but if anyone could help me get CW to play on an output that would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Welcome! Maybe you could say what steps you took to get to "no sound." Are you playing back audio? MIDI? Or are you not hearing audio during recording? What are your PC specs? What kind of sound card or audio interface are you using? The more info the better chance someone will be able to help you.

Hi Larry,
I managed to solve this. It was playback of a simple track I was experimenting with to get started.

I tried hooking up a dj controller to utilise an external audio interface and managed to deafen myself over some headphones. That was a bit clunky add a work around and in the end I worked out I just had a few settings wrong for the computer.

I had to have it set to WASAPI Exclusive and then to make sure only the output I wanted to use was selected under the audio tab in preferences. If more than one was selected it wouldn't work. Took quite a bit of trial and error but I'm there.

Thanx for the response.

Matt.

Kewl that you got it working.

Welcome to it - there are TONS of instructional videos on YouTube that will answer many/most questions you may have about how to do different things in Cakewalk, and of course there are the forums.

Good luck with all of it, and hope you have fun learning the ropes.  Cakewalk is a quite capable program, and folks in the forums are pretty helpful - help them to help you, by working at educating yourself on techniques for accomplishing different tasks with Cakewalk, and between that and asking questions when needed, you will get up to speed pretty quickly.

Bob Bone