Softube Weiss EQ-1 Unlocked!

cclarry

48 minutes ago, cclarry said:

...you can get Weiss EQ1 for just < insert ridiculous price here >

Yeah, anytime you see the "for just" or "for only", you know the marketing guys are trying to convince you there's a deal where there isn't one.  When I got this email,  my first thought was, you MUST be kidding??    It might be a "deal" if you regularly buy hardware EQs and didn't realize this was a plugin... 

I find the whole "Unlock" angle kind of useless and irritating because after all the clicking to see what was "unlocked", it's usually a very wishful price point on their end.  Honestly, I've pretty much stopped reading the Softube emails these days because I am obviously the wrong market for these guys.   I've waited for years for a no-brainer on their Tape since it integrates with Studio One - I've never seen it below $39.  In the meantime, soooo many other really good plugins have come out that I've moved on.

That sounded "bitter", didn't it?? ...and most certainly a first world perspective.   I'm not bitter, just pinching pennies.  😋

They should take notes from Plugin Alliance who is cranking out some great plugins and giving us tightwads one-off "sales" and vouchers that keep us interested and coming back for more.  I'll bet PA is doing great these days. They should be, they're killing it on all fronts lately.  😎

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

To pay that much for another eq plugin would be unweiss.

Well i paid way more for libraries , i would say if you re making a living of mastering for exemple this tools will paybfor itself in a second ... but for hobbyists.  Nah !

15 hours ago, Zo said:

Well i paid way more for libraries , i would say if you re making a living of mastering for exemple this tools will paybfor itself in a second ... but for hobbyists.  Nah !

All I can say is, I am a demoist/hobbyist. I frist dipped into effects with IKM. Then I tried some Softube effects and they just seem much much better. I am waiting for a console 1 deal one day and to see what they will bundle. Started thinking maybe I should invest in a DAW controller more than a new interface.

5 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

All I can say is, I am a demoist/hobbyist. I frist dipped into effects with IKM. Then I tried some Softube effects and they just seem much much better. I am waiting for a console 1 deal one day and to see what they will bundle. Started thinking maybe I should invest in a DAW controller more than a new interface.

Console 1 i asctually a solid choice , and for real just the default 4000 is what i use 90 % of the time , best cpu hit quality ratio, i own the zenr , api , neve , ssl 9000 and the weiss C1 strips ,and still ... also you can use C1 as a regular controller wutch i do often ....solid purchase and one of the best i did 

• Like 1