Cursor not following playback, automation being ignored

Lisa Lane-Collins

Question

I hit play, the cursor and playback time increment by a few milliseconds and then it stops. Audio continues to play but there is no visual representation on the screen. Which is making editing hard.

And then it's also ignoring my automation data. If I hit play before or after a change in value, it will acknowledge the automation but it won't follow it in real time. This is making the final bit of mixing actually impossible.

I've queried support but haven't heard back. On a deadline for this project and really really really miss Sonar

• Like 1

14 answers to this question

While you're waiting for help, can you provide more details, like possibly putting your system configuration in your sig like I have, or putting it in a message reply, and whether the project is audio, MIDI, or a mix of the two?

In the past, I have found problems when I had many unused muted takes in lanes during the comping and editing process. Moving them to their own tracks and archiving them helps take a load off when I'm not ready to delete them.

Hi, I am actually having the same exact problem. Once I hit record, line advances just like 1/8 of a mesure and then stops. The recording itself works just fine but even in playback the line still doesnt move that much so there is absolutely no way of editing anything or even navigate in my recorded wave. I am new to this program but still..., automation is on, scroll lock is on, practically haven't touched anything in settings. I dont know what is happening and it's getting frustrating.

On 4/18/2020 at 1:56 PM, scook said:

There is a config file change needed for that device.

Assuming CbB is set to ASIO driver mode

• From the main menu Edit > Preferences
  • Make sure the radio button at the bottom of preferences is set to Advanced
  • Click Configuration File in preferences
  • Set UseHardwareSamplePosition to False
  • Click the Reload Config Settings button

I did what you said and it worked, I can’t believe it. How in the world do you know the fix for that? You posted that April 2020 and I just stumbled across it August 2022. I’m using the latest CakeWalk version 2022 and an old Mbox2 digidesign with ASIO driver 

Edited by Shindog

1 minute ago, Shindog said:

How in the world do you know the fix for that? You posted that April 2020 and I just stumbled across it August 2022. I’m using the latest CakeWalk version 2022 and an old Mbox2 digidesign

The solution is as old as the Digidesign interfaces pre-dating CbB by years.

I am sure that read about the issue and solution on the old forum.

• Thanks 1

I've got the same problem tried fix that scook posted and tried scroll lock button but neither fix worked for me. If i switch to wdm/ks it works fine but audio in recordings becomes so distorted this problem only seems to happen with the asio driver.

Ignore this scooks fix did work i missed a step lol

Thank you Scook

Edited by Peter Gosling
update
  • Like 1