Audiority Octaver 82

cclarry

15 minutes ago, filo said:

I'm curious about accuracy and latency during tracking of guitar signal.  Pedal octavers from AT5 and BIAS are usable but not perfect.

Well it looks like they are modeling the Boss vintage monophonic octaver.  If it is an accurte emulation...it will be "flawed" on that front.  If you have ever used one, you will know exaclty what I'm talking about.   

This one caught my attention because it's Audiority AND I literally just watched a video on Tony Levin's bass parts on Peter Gabrile's SO album...  😋

Are there other Octaver pedals you guys like?

2 hours ago, mibby said:

This one caught my attention because it's Audiority AND I literally just watched a video on Tony Levin's bass parts on Peter Gabrile's SO album...  😋

Are there other Octaver pedals you guys like?

Love Audiority too, also watched that video. 

But as someone that owned an OC-2 not one I ever wanted again.  Too glitchy.

I personally like the POG stuff from EHX becuase it tracks like you want and expect it to.  Yeah, it is digital and doens't add any warmth or any of that....but the tracking is excellent and can do polyphonic too.  

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

But as someone that owned an OC-2 not one I ever wanted again.  Too glitchy.

I personally like the POG stuff from EHX becuase it tracks like you want and expect it to.

Haha!  It sounds like they covered that in the description too!

The technique used to make this pedal is very primordial, yet very innovative for the times.
That’s why clean and precise playing is very important to get the best results.

Ummm....  POG?

4 minutes ago, mibby said:

Haha!  It sounds like they covered that in the description too!

Ummm....  POG?

POG doesn't care if you play sloppy.  😃

OC-2 I used it on guitar and it would even glitch out on a low E.  

Demo does show it has some filter options well beyond what an OC-2 can do, but they also didn't fix the glitchy drawbacks either of the basic circuit (but they also let you know that pretty clearly in the marketing)

Edited by Brian Walton

9 minutes ago, mibby said:

Got it!  👍

POG=Polyphonic Octave Generator

https://www.ehx.com/products/pog2/

(My ignorance is on full display here!  😜 )

Ahh yes, sorry.

THey have multiple versions.  This is what I use.   https://www.ehx.com/products/micro-pog/

The full Pog is cool to for those really serious about it.  The Nano is a nice space saving one.   https://www.ehx.com/products/nano-pog/

I think there are some demos showing the slight tracking variations between the 3.  But each should satisfy just about anyone.

• Like 1