Vertigo Sound VSM - 4 : Release and review

Zo

Hi guyz , here's my first contact with this exellent release by vertigo sound , deep review including a Q&A with Andy from Vertigo Sound :

00:00:00 Intro / plugin tour

00:03:33 Q&A with Andy from Vertigo Sound

00:05:35 Master Bus (Stereo) : Transformer

00:12:52 Master Bus (Stereo) : Triode (Bass enhancement)

00:17:18 Master Bus (Stereo) : Pentode Hi mid crispness

00:21:01 Clear/Dense effect on beat

00:24:04 Master Bus (M/S) mode

00:28:52 Synth Bass : control of dynamic , punch and transient

00:35:41 Used on Pluck

00:39:24 808 Main beat : Transformer /Dense &Clean /control of reverb tail

00:43:28 Secondary rythm grit ! 00:49:07 A/B Time ! 00:52:54 Conclusion !

Sale price , intro is 149 euros !

https://www.vertigosound.com/products/vsm-4-plugin?state=buy-element

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Maybe I should actually use VSM-3 before looking at this one??  I still love VSC-2 but have never ponied up for the VSC-3 version.  It's too bad Vertigo parted ways with Plugin Alliance, because otherwise there might be a chance to get a good deal on these!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Not to be a stick in the mud, but isn't this contrary to your NDA Zo?

Why ? 

Notice video was recored , one hours long , dope , recorder just stoped responding , no way to get recorded material back ..i'm in for another round , hate that , beacsue i lose the spontaneity !!

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1

Started watching it here at work. Using Bluetooth audio to the stereo unit here. Not best sounding speakers.  But I did like the background you used during the interview.  That was really nice.

Will watch more when I get home. Catchy little tune your using. 

20 hours ago, Zo said:

Why ? 

Notice video was recored , one hours long , dope , recorder just stoped responding , no way to get recorded material back ..i'm in for another round , hate that , beacsue i lose the spontaneity !!

I didn't see it released by PA, so thought it wasn't released...my mistake...
I wonder if it would be  free upgrade if I got the VSM-3 on sale?

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Well, that saved me $14.99 and my $25 voucher!

A total no-brainer deal right there!  I would gladly pay that for any of the Vertigo stuff sight unseen if VSC-2 is any indication of the quality. It's still one of my favs.    I remember liking VSM-3 fine after I bought it, but never went back with so many simple-to-use and great saturation/distortion plugins around.   Now to watch Zo's video and push aside Black Box* and dust off VSM-3...  

Thanks for the reminder Zo!  What a great time to be making music!

* Insert any number of other great and easy to use saturation/distortion plugins...

----

Ha! I posted this before reading the forum this morning and look what was just posted by The Man himself!  🤪  They must read this forum...

Edited by mibby
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Grem said:

Started watching it here at work. Using Bluetooth audio to the stereo unit here. Not best sounding speakers.  But I did like the background you used during the interview.  That was really nice.

Will watch more when I get home. Catchy little tune your using. 

One of the zillions track i never released lol just the loop not structured lol wanted a girl spitting some glamourous vocals on with jamaican vibes , never did it ...  i cover a lot on this one because you can do so much with it ...

By the to clarify , it s not PA at all , and vsm 3 is another flavor ... the fact that PA does the sale now is not cool for vertigo if you ask me , strange behavior from ex partners ...

If i had to keep one , it would be the vertigo , simply because like the vsc 3 (the compressor) it really keeps depth , reminds uad plugin versus native , most of time the low and highs is where the differents is ...

What surprised me also is that even when drived the transient while mastered are not killed like a lot of unit around ...

Another is the transformer !!! You get tubes and transformers and combinaison can be great ...

vsm 3 imho is a good complement to this one , and if vsm 4 is too expensive for a guy , it could be a good start ...personnally on the pa offering , i would go black box forst before vsm 3 , easier and with more features ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jackson white said:

have not tried the vertigo vsm3, but was wondering about that given the apparent overlap in features. 

Features are great but also the sound !! 

Like stated in the video , vsm 4 , like blackbox is tube based , while vsm 3 isnt so you get diff vibes and impact on sounds , blackbox share more in comon imho with vsm 4 than vsm 3 exept just for the workflow ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zo said:

Like stated in the video , vsm 4 , like blackbox is tube based , while vsm 3 isnt so you get diff vibes and impact on sounds , blackbox share more in comon imho with vsm 4 than vsm 3 exept just for the workflow ...

So the question(s) become - do you prefer the TMT Black Box, or VSM 4? and is the difference between the two big?

Edited by antler