PA Amek 9099

cclarry

14 minutes ago, Zo said:

oh dammn you guyz reminded me to test it  .... 

Please do :)

We see clear visual difference between this one and the others. The question how about sound difference ? ;)

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

We see clear visual difference between this one and the others. The question how about sound difference ? ;)

Does sound really matter on this one, just look at that beautiful thing!

(ok if I'm nit picky, I'd argue that the artifical shadow the virtual knobs are casting is too strong - yeah it would look like that on a console, but we shouldn't have to deal with the darkened text in the box)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

25 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Does sound really matter on this one, just look at that beautiful thing!

(ok if I'm nit picky, I'd argue that the artifical shadow the virtual knobs are casting is too strong - yeah it would look like that on a console, but we shouldn't have to deal with the darkened text in the box)

The amek was a beauty , in fact everything Mr Neve was involved in is solid and brilliant ..... it's really a matter of taste ; having 10 consoles makes no sens , just use what brings from A to B the faster /better /funnier .... enougth to make a choice .....  with everything i own , i go back  systematicallly when moving fast on ssl 4000 E ... (not the Pa) 

installing as i type , stay tune after a first contact will go back here 

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Exellent

1) Clipper for Limiter

2) A limiter AND a comp

3) Auto Listen  : solo's the band when tweaking , loving it (react when touching freq and Q !!) 

Gate section : Deeepppp thks to the sidechain detector option !!!

Thd on point !!!

Gui : superb 

Sound : before honey mooning on you guyz , gonna death matche a little ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Zo said:

The amek was a beauty , in fact everything Mr Neve was involved in is solid and brilliant ..... it's really a matter of taste ; having 10 consoles makes no sens , just use what brings from A to B the faster /better /funnier .... enougth to make a choice .....  with everything i own , i go back  systematicallly when moving fast on ssl 4000 E ... (not the Pa) 

installing as i type , stay tune after a first contact will go back here 

Curious about your thoughts on the Acoustic Pickup system he designed for Taylor that is fairly heavily critizied by some.  (at least the early ones, not sure if they corrected the problems).

I thought it was an interesting idea, but perhpas not the perfect system they thought they made.  I am a fan of Neve's consoles, prefer the sound over SSL for sure.  The "N" console from PA is what I use the most these days, but still do not feel anywhere close to efficient with it....something like the SSL plugin layout is much more intuitive, I think.  

Absolutely agree everyone doens't need 10, but getting just a couple that are "just right" on all fronts seems like a pretty difficult task.  Either the UI is cluttered, unclear or unintuitive or the sound doesnt' quite suit personal taste.   This one looks like it has a fantastic UI, and I'd be shocked if it doesnt' sound great based on all the Brainworx plugins I've tried, honestly view them as one of the real leaders on the market.  

Edited by Brian Walton

1 minute ago, Brian Walton said:

Curious about your thougns on the Acoustic Pickup system he designed for Taylor that is fairly heavily critizied by some.  (at least the early ones, not sure if they corrected the problems).

I thought it was an interesting idea, but perhpas not the perfect system they thought they made.  I am a fan of Neve's consoles, prefer the sound over SSL for sure.  The "N" console from PA is what I use the most these days, but still do not feel anywhere close to efficient with it....something like the SSL plugin layout is much more intuitive, I think.  

Absolutely agree everyone doens't need 10, but getting just a couple that are "just right" on all fronts seems like a pretty difficult task.  Either the UI is cluttered, unclear or unintuitive or the sound doesnt' quite suit personal taste.   This one looks like it has a fantastic UI, and I'd be shocked if it doesnt' sound great based on all the Brainworx plugins I've tried, honestly view them as one of the real leaders on the market.  

Brian if you like Neve sound you will be at home , the one that surpassed it was the Neve DFC form UAD , but def the same Gem , it's one of the most balanced CS around , and it has this ability to clean the low mids like crazy , giving that sheen to highs ...its def reminds me old school HiFi stuff lol not that 1084 or 73 mid rangy type of vibe ...if you see what i mean ... reminds me also the 88 , diffciult to explain but try the bx 2098 to get a good vibe it's damn close but magic happenc with the compressor .... 

2 minutes ago, Zo said:

Brian if you like Neve sound you will be at home , the one that surpassed it was the Neve DFC form UAD , but def the same Gem , it's one of the most balanced CS around , and it has this ability to clean the low mids like crazy , giving that sheen to highs ...its def reminds me old school HiFi stuff lol not that 1084 or 73 mid rangy type of vibe ...if you see what i mean ... reminds me also the 88 , diffciult to explain but try the bx 2098 to get a good vibe it's damn close but magic happenc with the compressor .... 

Yeah, that 2098 is great, only critiqe really is I think the UI should be resizable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monomox said:

looks gorgeous

$149 intro price with coupon PA-AMEK-14999

$49 next BF

(just guessing 🙃)

$49 within a year is some wishful thinking, hope you are right though.  

Don't think we have seen the SSL-J get that low yet, have we?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, cclarry said:

ANYONE who didn't get that deal should be ashamed IMO....that was too good to be true.

i swear i hesated to buy several licences and resell them , i would have been rich by now lol 

• Like 1