monitoring audio from PC

Is there a way to still use online streaming or other internal sources in Cakewalk?  Seems I did so in the past, but the driver modes aren't cooperating.  I've found references to using Pyro, but I've only got that on an old machine [would it even work anymore?].  Not trying to import audio, but listen while using a plugin.  The intent is to familiarize my ears to using Acustica's Sienna with various reference recordings.

Thanks, but I'm not looking to change interfaces.  So I'm not using my regular Tascam because of this, but simply the onboard sound card. 

I can get the signal into Reaper, for instance, by using WASAPI shared or loop back drivers, but am only hearing the source, and not the DAW with effects engaged.  Also works with Audacity.  I have Studio One, and Harrison, also, but I've used Cakewalk since our strictly sequencing days, so am checking here. 

So does your Tascam have Loopback?  You said something there about the "Loopback Drivers" 

I had to use WASAPI shared to feed OSB studio screen Capture until I discovered that my Motu's Loopback channel shows as an option as an input in OSB so I can now use ASIO and stay out of trouble. 

The Loopback channels also show in Cakewalk as input options and that captures any audio from my PC. Everything is going through my interface this way. The main thing is what ever your playing has to have the same clock rate as Cakewalk. Because of this I often use 48hz which seems the standard for videos on You Tube. 

If you use on board audio it is up to the drivers for that and not many support "What you hear" option.  None of my 4 PC's have that option with my on board audio. I know because I tried everything. It's why interfaces with the Loopback are popular now. Tascam's newer models seem to have it. maxresdefault.jpg

hmm... I'll have to look into that.  Mine is pre 'HR' designation, but that might just be labeling. 

Their last upgrade caused problems, and at Craig Anderton's suggestion, I stopped using the provided software.

[the loopback I mentioned was for the PC audio card]

Thank you.