Studio One 25% off

cclarry

1 hour ago, Fret Flintstone said:

You would have to save said project, not just open it for that to happen

5 minutes ago, abacab said:

I believe it's the save that bites you

Autosave? I never use it myself, but some do. 

1 hour ago, Fret Flintstone said:

just like CbB or any other, if you get a new feature and use it in your project and save, and then say, nah I don't like this version, when you go back to the previous version which doesn't have said feature, when you try to open it you can expect something.

True, but in CW you can always still open them. According to what I read about SO5 you can't. I don't know if that is true or not as I haven't tried it myself, I was just trying to offer what might turn out to be a useful heads up to others. Using a copy (as I already said) is always the smart thing to do, but we've all seen those threads where x has ruined a project and the OP goes strangely quiet when asked about their back-up copy. 

You can open projects saved in a later version of CW in a earlier version of CW. Has always been that way.  The new features won't be available of course. But you can work with it. 

That said, always bkup important projects regularly. No matter what DAW you use.

Edited by Grem

11 minutes ago, Grem said:

You can open projects saved in a later version of CW in a earlier version of CW. Has always been that way.  The new features won't be available of course. But you can work with it.

+1

This has always been a neat feature with Cakewalk! Not sure how many other DAWs are this user friendly regarding the handling of old versions of projects?

• Like 1