Studio One 25% off

cclarry

18 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

I just cancelled my Sphere subscription and will buy the upgrade. I can get it for $112. That's about the best I've seen in a long time. Plus they just did an update to 5. 

I think the days of "half off" for Studio One are long gone...they've grown too popular, which tends to give them the
"too big for their britches" attitude...like IK has...but at least IK still have great sales...so they've got that going for them!

Edited by cclarry

9 minutes ago, paulo said:

Does this make it 25% less ugly?😀

Nope!  I agree...the interface leaves a lot to be desired, as does Cubase's.  I don't know why they can't get to 
a "better place" with their interfaces...especially with today's CPU's and Graphics cards!

24 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I think the days of "half off" for Studio One are long gone...they've grown too popular, which tends to give them the
"too big for their britches" attitude...like IK has...but at least IK still have great sales...so they've got that going for them!

I got many hardware and Studio One from Presonus. They rock. Studio One gets regular free updates between paid upgrades, like the sound variations that is better implemented than Cubase Expression maps. And paid upgrades are reasonably priced. So I don’t agree with your comparison with IK. 

Edited by Yan Filiatrault

42 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I got many hardware and Studio One from Presonus. They rock. Studio One gets regular free updates between paid upgrades, like the sound variations that is better implemented than Cubase Expression maps. And paid upgrades are reasonably priced. So I don’t agree with your comparison with IK. 

My comparison was with regards to "being too big for your britches"...not anything else...sorry you misunderstood...

38 minutes ago, cclarry said:

My comparison was with regards to "being too big for your britches"...not anything else...sorry you misunderstood...

No problem. It’s just that I think Presonus are doing things the right way. They are getting bigger, because they are doing great IMHO

6 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

No problem. It’s just that I think Presonus are doing things the right way. They are getting bigger, because they are doing great IMHO

Granted...but my point is that they are getting "Singer syndrome"....if you know what I mean....their ego is getting bigger than it should,
which results in "we're great so we don't have to" mentality, which is ultimately detrimental to the cause...

It's NEVER good to become so "steeped" in "my product" that all objectivity goes out the window...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Granted...but my point is that they are getting "Singer syndrome"....if you know what I mean....their ego is getting bigger than it should,
which results in "we're great so we don't have to" mentality, which is ultimately detrimental to the cause...

It's NEVER good to become so "steeped" in "my product" that all objectivity goes out the window...

That’s ok, I may have missed that, as it’s not my experience with them so far.

1 hour ago, Shane_B. said:

LOL I wish! I sure miss the SPE 8.5 days. That was a truly great customizable DAW.

I didn't buy into X1 or X2 mostly because they dropped the ability to make it dark -  hated that drab grey everywhere - I bought X3 only because I was about to get Melodyne and Addictive Drums anyway, so that became a no brainer, but I still wasn't keen on the UI, but I stuck with it for the ARA integration. For the same reason I didn't bother with Platinum either until they made the dark option, which was pretty much how my custom 8.5 looked, so I was finally "home" again. Which is good, because the current theme editor is way too deep for me to be bothered with and the various user themes I have seen mostly prove that good theme design is harder than you might think. Now I find it hard to imagine how they could make it look better without ruining all the good stuff again, so I hope they don't even try. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

Nope!  I agree...the interface leaves a lot to be desired, as does Cubase's.  I don't know why they can't get to 
a "better place" with their interfaces...especially with today's CPU's and Graphics cards!

The browser is good - I like the optional eye candy, but the rest is just so dull. Even it's mother must struggle to love it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

That’s ok, I may have missed that, as it’s not my experience with them so far.

Companies "egos" can be seen by their "Sales".  Usually it shows up as "almost no sales" or in "sales with pennies off"
rather than the usual 50% or more off.  Steinberg shows theirs by almost no sales.  Presonus is showing theirs by
no longer having the the sales that they used to have (50% off).  Now they only have, at the most, 30% off.

Fabfilter is also "in that boat", and some other plugin developers - their sales are rare, and rarely more than
30% off.

Having a GREAT product is GREAT!  But you also have to remember that you've already sold to most
who were going to buy, so keeping prices "up" is NOT going to get you "more customers".  But I guess
if you're going for the "exclusivity" aspect, keep existing customers in a state of dementia with "we have it
you don't" type thing...then I guess that works...

It's actually strategy 101 that when you have a strong brand you do not deep discount, as it can have a negative impact on a brand image.  It's why you don't see Apple at 75% off sales. I agree as a consumer that I love seeing deep discounts, but when you manage a strong brand, you really don't want to engage in those practices and if you sell through a retail channel you have agreements to ensure your partners don't engage in deep discounts in order to protect your brand. 

Consider Waves or Izotope. Would any of us pay full retail price for their effects again? No. We've been trained to expect deep discounts and those brands are no longer able to sell to most DAW users at their full retail prices. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

25 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

It's actually strategy 101 that when you have a strong brand you do not deep discount, as it can have a negative impact on a brand image.  It's why you don't see Apple at 75% off sales. I agree as a consumer that I love seeing deep discounts, but when you manage a strong brand, you really don't want to engage in those practices and if you sell through a retail channel you have agreements to ensure your partners don't engage in deep discounts in order to protect your brand. 

Consider Waves or Izotope. Would any of us pay full retail price for their effects again? No. We've been trained to expect deep discounts and those brands are no longer able to sell to most DAW users at their full retail prices. 

BOTH are detrimental.  BALANCE is the key!

Apple has a "Locked" market of complete imbeciles who are willing to pay STUPIDLY RIDICULOUS prices for something
that will be OBSOLETE by next year.

But you're right...I can't fault them for taking advantage of peoples stupidity!

BOTH are detrimental.  BALANCE is the key!

Apple has a "Locked" market of complete imbeciles who are willing to pay STUPIDLY RIDICULOUS prices for something

But you're right...I can't fault them for taking advantage of peoples stupidity!

Let's hope there's not too much Apple users here...

Fleer feeling very conflicted right now.

His King has spoken, yet.................

• Haha 2