Up to 90% off Izotope Reverbs

cclarry

25 minutes ago, mibby said:

Was wondering about this one to get around the single seat limitation...

I hate that they do that 😒 These are not some legacy plugins that no one cares about, but awesome reverbs that many people love and use. How hard would it be for Izotope to integrate them into their Product Portal? 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

hmm?? was't it that you could get all 3 exponentials for $20 not that long ago on PB?

They had a end of year Elements Bundle that included R2, Excalibur, Pheonix AND Iris 2, Trash 2.....for $49.   I didn't even care for all the elements programs,  but the 49 entry to access fee to score  the 3 Exponential and the Iris 2 & Trash 2... i mean, wow

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fitzroy said:

I hate that they do that 😒 These are not some legacy plugins that no one cares about, but awesome reverbs that many people love and use. How hard would it be for Izotope to integrate them into their Product Portal? 

giphy.gif

It isn't even that hard.  Just give us more ilok authorizations.

I already bought an extra copy of each, but still woudl like to not have to transfer things around as I use more than 2 computers.

That said, after getting MeldaTurboReverbLE, not sure I really need the exponential audio ones...and it doesn't have those terrible authorization limitiations.  

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

3 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Did anyone compare closely Phoenixverb and Nimbus, apart from the extra features added in Nimbus are they both sounding exactly the same in their basics? Thx

Just as R2 is the reduced feature version of R4, Phoenixverb is the reduced feature version of Nimbus as far as I know

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

Neoverb is a separate product...the first bearing the Izotope Name, rather than Exponential Audio

Yes, but I thought Neoverb could reproduce all (or maybe most) of the equivalent EA reverbs.

7 minutes ago, fret_man said:

Yes, but I thought Neoverb could reproduce all (or maybe most) of the equivalent EA reverbs.

I have no idea about that...I believe this is a completely new product reflecting the merger of Expo and Izo

I don't think sonically NeoVerb, R2/Nimbus et al are all that much different. The features like smart /AI & integration into an  izotpe product are new.
PhoenixVerb & R2 are still my bread & butter go-to's after all these years even with all the new reverbs released since.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 11:01 AM, Brian Walton said:

It isn't even that hard.  Just give us more ilok authorizations.

I already bought an extra copy of each, but still woudl like to not have to transfer things around as I use more than 2 computers. 

On 5/6/2021 at 12:39 PM, Paul Young said:

These really aren't Izotope plugins yet until they reflect Izotope's licensing. 

My Expo. plugins were THE FIRST to fall victim to my computer forcing in a new security framework  that caused iLok to register my pc as a new machine location.    So of course that meant losing access to any plug in offering only a single activation (ahem...Exponential :) :) :) :) :) :) )  

I ended up having to cut the session and work day short just so I could waste 4 hours writing emails to every single vendor asking them to do me a favor essentially, by resetting my licenses. 

This makes me feel prettttty darn HEATED when the money I spent does not actually equal ownership. 
If I truly owned them, then I wouldn't have lost half a days wages begging the overlords to forgive me for my mistake that i didn't even do.  Imagine if musicians and engineers treated music in this way and could bar people from accessing their music after 2 activations.   

Yea, that would be pretty rude wouldn't it now?

• Like 3

My wild hunch is that rather than re-code the Exponential products, iZotope have in mind to fold the algos into new products like Neoverb.

Re: licensing, yeah, it's a pain in the (single) seat to only get one for the price, but back when they were Exponential products, didn't they cost at least 5X more? They could go 2-fer on the seats or slash the price enough so that we could buy multiples.

FWIW regarding iLokery: I recently tripped up by changing my system drive without deauthorizing and had to location reset several plug-ins that I hadn't moved to my physical iLok. Eventide did it in less than 24hours, and it somehow triggered PACE to send out reset requests to both the other vendors, Softube and InMusic. Softube reset it without my even asking, and took a week and badgering InMusic to get the AIR and SONiVOX ones back. The ones I had on the physical iLok were always there, so I guess if I were a pro, I'd become one of those people with an iLok either sticking out of my computer or on my keychain.

It's true that we don't own software. We give some consideration or other for the right to use it and agree to whatever enforcement. Creators of music can limit its use, too, it's just not as customary. I don't own the music on my CD's, I own the plastic and metal and the right to listen to it. I'm not allowed to broadcast it, make copies for friends, or use it to score a film. If I buy a painting from a living artist, it doesn't explicitly grant me the right to make photographic copies and sell them or give them away. I'm allowed to hang it up somewhere of my choosing. If that place burns down, I'm left with nothing. All I ever owned was the physical stuff it was made from, not the image itself. Seems weird, but how to ensure that people who create something unique get rent money (I don't know the answer)?