Crash on OMF exports.

Hipólito Courvoisier

Question

4 answers to this question

58 minutes ago, Hipólito Courvoisier said:

Trying to export some OMFs for a client I always get an error crash at some point of it.
Any experiences with this? Do you have any solution?

You are going to get plenty of folk on here say "Works fine here"

You have provided no information ("an error crash" tells us nothing) and yet you asked: "Do you have any solution" - not going to happen until you provide much more information.

• Like 1

Hello, first of all (isn't it?). 😉

"Works fine here" can come with a "when does it happen?", "have you tried bla bla?" after, etc.

I assumed it was something commonly known, so I didn't attached any screenshot. My bad; but not a crime, isn't it?

"Do you have any solution" is a typical question anyone asks when trying to find an answer. 

So... This problem is tending to happen in large projects. The small ones (really small ones, not too many tracks) "work fine here".

The exception code is c0000005, an "unhandled exception". I'm attaching a screenshot.

Thank you all in advance.

Regards.

Chino

Cakewalk Crash OMF.jpg

Edited by Hipólito Courvoisier

On 5/12/2021 at 3:30 AM, Hipólito Courvoisier said:

Hello, first of all (isn't it?). 😉

"Works fine here" can come with a "when does it happen?", "have you tried bla bla?" after, etc.

I assumed it was something commonly known, so I didn't attached any screenshot. My bad; but not a crime, isn't it?

"Do you have any solution" is a typical question anyone asks when trying to find an answer. 

So... This problem is tending to happen in large projects. The small ones (really small ones, not too many tracks) "work fine here".

The exception code is c0000005, an "unhandled exception". I'm attaching a screenshot.

Thank you all in advance.

Regards.

Chino

Cakewalk Crash OMF.jpg

@Hipólito Courvoisier - can you save your project as a Cakewalk bundle file, zip it up along with that dump file and send it to @Jonathan Sasor ?

I suspect the issue is a corrupted time (i.e. envelope shape or audio event that starts < 01:01:000 ).  We do some clean-up on project load to fix these, but we may have missed some cases - so it would be good to know exactly where this issue is in order to fix it.