Bandlab Assistant Updated to 7.1.2

cclarry

1 minute ago, Paul Young said:

Does anyone ever bother to update this.  It seems there are always issues.

I've always updated.  Only had issues one time for me...and manually re-installing solved that...
I'll always keep current

16 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Since the Cakewalk app itself no longer relies on BA for updates, I no longer see the point as well.

Don't forget offline authorisation! It is only supported by BA!

For me, I don't necessarily run the Program every day...but I do run ALL of my installers
every day to check for updates, so the BLA keeps me informed of updates.  Also, they
now have the new Mastering service "tab" in the BLA, should you be so inclined....

1 hour ago, marled said:

Don't forget offline authorisation! It is only supported by BA!

Is it?

Seems odd they don't have a website up, so you would have to actually install bandlab assistant on the "on-line" computer to get the offline one to work.  

image.png.f5f59d00a16f458aa0687151574c1476.png

Edited by Brian Walton

When I update the Bandlab app, I always end up with 2 instances of the app in my Windows install/uninstall program list. One is the previous, the other the mere one. If I uninstall the earlier one, they both uninstall.

It's that normal?

After updating BandLab Assistant to v7.1.2 from v7.1.1,
I get an error popup window it says "TypeError [ERR_UNESCAPED_CHARACTERS]: Request path contains unescaped characters" when clicking the gear icon. (I get this my both PCs)
Anyone else? Maybe on Japanese Windows only?

Yeah. Updating BA has been difficult since the beginning. At this point, all updates fail. I simply download the latest version on top (no uninstall) and all is well. I maintain the updates but I never use it anymore. I run CbB updates from within CbB.

Unless BA evolves to something more useful for me as was CCC back in Sonar days, it’s only a maintenance task for me.

38 minutes ago, Keni said:

Unless BA evolves to something more useful for me as was CCC back in Sonar days, it’s only a maintenance task for me.

A clue to BA's main duties could be the name...BandLab Assistant.

This tool, written by a dev team in Singapore, was originally designed to support BandLab, the web-based DAW.

After BandLab acquired Cakewalk IP, BA was extended to handle CbB install,  activation and update.

With in-app updates and re-activation added to CbB,  reliance on BA is not as critical for CbB users as it once was.

BA does offer a loop library and  most recently a front-end for BandLab's mastering service.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, scook said:

It may but a clue to its main duties could be in its name...BandLab Assistant.

This tool, written by a dev team in Singapore, was originally designed to support BandLab, the web-based DAW.

After BandLab acquired Cakewalk IP, BA was pressed into service to handle CbB install,  activation and update.

With in-app updates and re-activation added to CbB,  reliance on BA is not as critical for CbB users as it once was.

BA does offer a loop library and  most recently a front-end for BandLab's mastering service.

Thanks scook.

I totally understand and was glad to have any method of maintaining updates for CbB. I would be using it (gratefully) still with my continued appreciation, but even more appreciation for the continued development and evolution of this great work which has progressively been freeing CbB from this need.

I think the Bandlab project is a wonderful service and seeing it integrate and evolve with CbB is much appreciated.

If I could, I'm sure I would be making more use of it.

I find I have to completely uninstall BA everytime (I use the free Revo Uninstaller - highly recommended) and d/load and install the new version . Otherwise I always have 2 versions sitting there. And the whole app becomes unresponsive.

On 2021/5/6 at 午前4時57分, HIBI said:

After updating BandLab Assistant to v7.1.2 from v7.1.1,
I get an error popup window it says "TypeError [ERR_UNESCAPED_CHARACTERS]: Request path contains unescaped characters" when clicking the gear icon. (I get this my both PCs)
Anyone else? Maybe on Japanese Windows only?

Support says: We're investigating the issue.

And now... Seems the problem was resolved with v7.2.1

Edited by HIBI
  • Like 1