iZotope Insight Crash

Hi, 

Just reporting again a crash in the new version each time iZotope's Insight is loaded. It's been working fine up to this version. I previously sent a dmp file but was informed by Freed that I was using the Early Access version, which was confusing, as I not down this for years. Freed said to roll back and it will be fixed for the final release - which I thought I downloaded? So I rolled back and then ensured I had downloaded the current version. Unfortunately, Insight is still crashing Cakewalk each time. 

Anyone reproduce this? This is Insight original version...not Insight 2. 

Workarounds, fixes? 

Thanks

Untitled_05022021_143441.dmp

So you're sure it was working on the former version of CbB, crashed when updated to the early release and after that the former version didn't work anymore unlike before updating?
Also, did you install and try the latest version:

On 5/3/2021 at 12:52 AM, Noel Borthwick said:

Here is a new build 147 that should resolve these issues. We'd appreciate you trying this build if you are affected by any of these problems.

Seems like something has been corrupted and maybe a reinstall or clean install of the former version might be worth trying (although that can be quite some hassle), or maybe you can revert your whole system with Windows system restore or a backup from Acronis etc.) and see if the problem is gone, that way you're sure it is related to the latest CbB version.
I've seen several different reports about iZotope issues. It would definitely send them the crash dumps, next to sending them to the bakers (maybe they find something useful in the crash dump as well), as advised in the announcement of the latest CbB release: 

On 4/28/2021 at 8:34 PM, Morten Saether said:

NOTE: Plug-in crashes should always be first reported to the manufacturer's support channels to allow them to diagnose these issues.

If you're convinced it is related to the latest release you can report it here as well: 202104-feedback

Here you find the general problem reporting info: better-problem-reporting 

IZotope is going to work closely together with Native Instruments. So, any CbB incompatibility that between iZotope and CbB might worst case further extend to NI products as well in the future. Hopefully they are willing to take reported issues with CbB serious and find a solution.

Edited by Teegarden

I have both Insight and Insight 2 but a quick run-through of those versions works as expected on CbB 2021-04 both build 145 and build 147.

Maybe there’s some problem with your Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables?

I installed the latest version and loading Insight still crashes CbB.  I have included the dmp file again for this version.

Yes, as mentioned, rolling back again allows me to use Insight again. 

Also, I noticed a crash when using Waves WML plus. As soon as I try to change the LUFS level, it crashes the system as well. 

Unless someone can figure out what's going on, I'll have to roll back...shame as I like the VST layout and the new nodules...so much less frustrating. 

Untitled_05062021_154914.dmp Untitled_05062021_155320.dmp

@Fabio Rubato please try the build we posted yesterday that has relaxed some of the error checking. This should resolve your issue if it worked in the prior release. This doesnt fix the crash which is in the iZotope code but will mask the error most likely. You should send them the dump file for them to analyze.

Insight crash:

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFA685E5AD1 (kernel32.dll) in Untitled_05062021_154914.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

>    kernel32.dll!IsBadReadPtr()    Unknown    Non-user code. Symbols loaded.
     [Frames may be missing, no binary loaded for iZInsight.dll]        Annotated Frame
     iZInsight.dll!000000003892251a()    Unknown    Non-user code. No matching binary found.

The waves error is also similar. I will pass this on to them for debugging.

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFA685E5AD1 (kernel32.dll) in Untitled_05062021_155320.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000130.

>    kernel32.dll!IsBadReadPtr()    Unknown    Non-user code. Symbols loaded.
     [Frames may be missing, no binary loaded for WavesLib3.105_10.0_Win64.dll]        Annotated Frame
     WavesLib3.105_10.0_Win64.dll!00007ffa23d27335()    Unknown    Non-user code. No matching binary found.

6 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

I reported problems with the slow loading of Izotope 9 Elements plugins

There's a known issue with Ozone 9 Advanced modules loading slowly if they were computer authorized, which all my iZotope  plugins are. The solution is to install the iLok software  even though iLok authorization is NOT being used, and this enables normal fast load times. I verified this issue with iZotope support a while ago. If you don't have iLok installed, this solution might help ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Milton Sica said:

There is a good research to understand why this happens inside Cakewalk.

I believe this is an iZtope issue as this has occurred with other DAWS and doesn't apply to all iZotope plugins. The versions of Ozone for example, prior to  Ozone 9 loaded just fine without iLok and other iZotope plugins also load swiftly without iLok, so it would seem Cakewalk's off the hook on this one 😊

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

probably some timeout

I guess you're right, I know they overhauled the GUI code for O9, which it seems is little more resource intensive and has a couple of minor glitches,  and in their thrust to push out new products they just might skimp on regression testing! Their collaboration with Exponential Audio only has iLok plugins, no CBA, maybe it's gonna be the trend?