New Synth midi output works on certain plugins but not on others

Zintack

Good evening y'all

As the title suggests, I recently purchased a new synth to learn the ins and outs of synthesis and to act as MIDI controller for my Cakewalk program. It's a Korg Minilogue btw, a beast of a machine. 
Prior to this I was using an Arturia Keystep MIDI controller to play around with plugins in my song.
The Keystep worked great as a MIDI controller for all of my tracks, but ofc it was only a controller and doesn't have full analog synth functionality, which is why I purchased what I have now.
When I connected my Minilogue, it works fine as a MIDI controller for certain plugins but not for others. It seems to pair with Tunefish 4, Helm, Atmos Piano, Drumatic, and Serum, but won't work with other plugins such as Kairatune or Subdivine. I have no idea what's causing this, as I never experienced this inconsistency with my last MIDI controller. 
Any possible ideas or suggestions as to what could be causing this would be extremely helpful! 
Thank you! :)

Edited by Zintack

Just to be clear, when you say that you are using a device as a "MIDI controller" for your DAW, do you mean that you are using it to send note messages or do you mean that you are using it to control parameters of the DAW itself and/or of plugins/softsynths? When you say "pair with" a plugin, do you mean it sends note messages that the plugin responds to or do you mean it "maps to" control parameters of the plugin?

So i figured it out... it definitely was a channel issue and i didn't even realize. Now i know to check there first if anything's weird haha. Thank you for the suggestion!

also it's just controlling parameters of the DAW, not sending any note messages!