More Amplitube 5 Presets from Joe Satriani, Plus 5.03 Update

Magic Russ

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=10781

As always these are available to download through product manager.

Edit: Also includes update to 5.0.3 which adds filters forA5/A5Max users.  Also added Soldano and a couple of cabinets to CS version, so if you missed the Soldano giveaway, the amp is now free for everyone.

Edited by Magic Russ
  • Thanks 5

Lots of stuff in there too

Changes from version 5.0.2:

What’s new

New Filter C, Filter M, Filter O and Filter R rack effects are now available for free for all AmpliTube 5 and AmpliTube 5 MAX users and are purchasable a la carte via Custom Shop for all other users.

SLD 100 amp, 4x12 Metal T cabinet and Brit V2 speaker are now added to AmpliTube 5 CS collection and unlocked for free for all users.

Improvements

Fixed a potential issue using the cabinet split in the first chain.

Fixed TBP-1 reversed buttons and non-functional MUTE.

Fixed British Lead 1 and British Lead 2 missing MID knob.

Fixed ’59 Bassman LTD incorrect “Normal” channel name on GUI.

Fixed misspelling on BPM sync for T-Rex Replica.

General reliability improvements

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Interesting they added those filters. I wonder if they're meant for guitar or they're gearing them towards synth usage. (Obviously we can do whatever we want with them) 

They're analog synth filters but they sound great on guitar.  IK synth users will likely have these through Syntronik and SampleTank or on their own via MixBox.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

They're analog synth filters but they sound great on guitar.  IK synth users will likely have these through Syntronik and SampleTank or on their own via MixBox.

Hey Peter, is anyone else complaining about getting a weird script font in the Tuner after the update?
image.png.7d13dd2bc4d8dd972128a18dc5f37056.png

12 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Oh my that's not what I'm seeing either.  I kind of (for maybe a few seconds) like it but in the end it should be the normal font which is obviously much easier to read.  At least for these old eyes.

Same.

Any idea what happened?

Have you installed a new Google Font recently?  It seems that some Google Fonts either sourced from the web and/or installed what they deem "improperly" (though I've never installed a font any other way than right-click --> install on Windows but Google might have their own way of doing things which wouldn't be surprising) might cause this behavior in some software applications.  I've run it up the flagpole, though, as that Google Fonts thing sounds like a cop out from them and either way we probably could avoid using the last-installed font on our side to go around anything atypical that Google or any other font creator does.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Have you installed a new Google Font recently?  It seems that some Google Fonts either sourced from the web and/or installed what they deem "improperly" (though I've never installed a font any other way than right-click --> install on Windows but Google might have their own way of doing things which wouldn't be surprising) might cause this behavior in some software applications.  I've run it up the flagpole, though, as that Google Fonts thing sounds like a cop out from them and either way we probably could avoid using the last-installed font on our side to go around anything atypical that Google or any other font creator does.

No I haven't installed any fonts at all.

ETA: OK, so I did some digging and figured out which font it is displaying. It is indeed one that I installed myself, but not recently. Still seems odd that Amplitube wouldn't be referencing a known system font or using it's own font. I'm no programmer though. Unless coincidently it happens to use a font called Montebello.

Edited by RSMcGuitar
  • Like 1

argg.. i finally get around to updating and spent all this time looking for those effects and fixing custom shop looking for those stupid syntronik effects to try out. then i read the fine print. . "free for all AmpliTube 5 and AmpliTube 5 MAX" and then I remember I am on AT 5 SE. 🤣

One more reason why I have grown to despise sleazy IKM..

Oh well. other than that, the patch works fine on W10. No issues.

Hey @Peter - IK Multimedia

I really do like IK's products, but I've always wondered (and this is a genuine question) - is there a reason that IK don't digitally sign their .exe and installer files? I remember you mentioning in some other thread that some product (Amplitube 5, possibly?) was selling very well, and from that I assume there is a fair amount of profit, and code-signing certificates aren't that expensive in the overall scheme of things.

6 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Sleazy?  Really?  SE doesn't come with the new AT5 specific gear, yet it's "sleazy" that you don't get this gear that's been added when using the version mainly meant to gain all the new features with your previous gear?  I think I have seen it all now.

Peter. My point was, I think the wording of the promo ad copy was a little janky. When one reads the English sentence "free for all AmpliTube 5 and AmpliTube 5 MAX" one assumes it means across the board for all paid products. Yes, SE is a paid product last time I checked. It's not a biggie. Its not like I lost a whole day or something. What it did was make me think the custom  shop was not working properly again because I applied the patch and launched CS and no new effects anywhere and I kept trying to clear cache. It took a little time to sniff through and wording to notice that  CS and SE is considered by IKM not a part of " all AmpliTube 5".

All good.. Moving on with life..

Edited by telecode 101

Do yourself a favor and upgrade to either A5 or A5MAX(Preferably depending on what addons you already own) AT5 is very sweet indeed, and it really is a huge step up for AT.

I haven't got MAX, but I own everything available for AT, (so I have MAX in everything but name) Never used it all that much during the AT3 - AT4 years, but AT5 hits home for me, I don't even feel the need to use 3rd party cab IR's, which is a first for me.

There has been some good sales, so keep your eye open if it is of interest to you.

Go hard, Go MAX 😁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fret Flintstone said:

Do yourself a favor and upgrade to either A5 or A5MAX(Preferably depending on what addons you already own) AT5 is very sweet indeed, and it really is a huge step up for AT.

I haven't got MAX, but I own everything available for AT, (so I have MAX in everything but name) Never used it all that much during the AT3 - AT4 years, but AT5 hits home for me, I don't even feel the need to use 3rd party cab IR's, which is a first for me.

There has been some good sales, so keep your eye open if it is of interest to you.

Go hard, Go MAX 😁

I am pretty happy with the collections I used on AT4. I mostly just use Leslie, Fender2 and Mesa and Orange sometimes. I only upgraded to AT5 SE to get the new VIR tech engine. There is nothing I really need or use in newer AT collections that justifies a purchase. The last you will ever see me doing is playing along to Queen or Surfing With the Alien.

The upgrade to AT5 was worth it. I think the new GUI and workflow is really good. The load times is bad though. AT 5 loads slow as shit. Hopefully someone is working on a patch to address that.

57 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

The last you will ever see me doing is playing along to Queen or Surfing With the Alien.

Oh they are far more useful than for that, you can get pretty awesome tones out of them, it is a mistake to think that that is all they are good for, a very big mistake.

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

AT 5 loads slow as shit.

Yes it is a little on the slow side. I usually load up the stand alone version while I'm getting other stuff ready, then when I load it up in the DAW(Studio One Pro for me) it loads fast from then on. Even after the first instance loads in the DAW, without loading the stand alone previously, following instances will load fast and snappy. It's just the first load that is slow. Still would be nice if the first load was fast, but it is what it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fret Flintstone said:

Oh they are far more useful than for that, you can get pretty awesome tones out of them, it is a mistake to think that that is all they are good for, a very big mistake.

Yes it is a little on the slow side. I usually load up the stand alone version while I'm getting other stuff ready, then when I load it up in the DAW(Studio One Pro for me) it loads fast from then on. Even after the first instance loads in the DAW, without loading the stand alone previously, following instances will load fast and snappy. It's just the first load that is slow. Still would be nice if the first load was fast, but it is what it is.

I use it almost exclusively in the DAW as an insert. Never bother using standalone.