Cabeguys Drivershaper or AudioDamage Dubstation 2 - FREE with Purchase in May at PluginBoutique

Sander Verstraten

How would these compare with PA Unfiltered Audio Indent 2 (distortion) or Sandman Pro (delay)?  Just wondering if what I have is good enough.

Edited by ALC

4 hours ago, ALC said:

How would these compare with PA Unfiltered Audio Indent 2 (distortion) or Sandman Pro (delay)?  Just wondering if what I have is good enough.

I haven't tried Dubstation 2 but I looked at the ad copy and the controls complement. Dubstation, according to the ad "....brings the mojo of yesteryears hardware delays to your DAW." So it looks like they're trying to recreate a retro experience and workflow.

Sandman Pro, on the other hand....yeah, they're not looking to the past, and it's so versatile and deep that it's possible that it could do whatever Dubstation does if you spent enough time with the sections and modulation modules. Sandman Pro very much looks to the future.

But the thing is, I can always find something for $5-10 at PluginBoutique to qualify for the freebie. Testing new FX inspires me to come up with new musical ideas often enough that it's well worth it. YMMV

I have Driveshaper, and it veers into the territory that Amplitube and others do, where it comes with a ton of presets that turn out to use other modules that you need to buy. You can filter it to show only the Driveshaper-specific ones, but then the list gets kinda short. I got Trash 2 as a freebie and I have no doubt that I will go to my grave without exhausting anything beyond a small percentage of its capacity.

Ident is an Unfiltered Audio product, and as such I expect that it's quite deep and capable. I have so many distortion FX, rhythmic, bit crush, amp tone, you name it, that I can't own any more.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody thinking about something cheap they would buy this month to get one of these freebies?

I am considering one of the Audiomodern loop packages, as I love the stuff I have from them, like the two Opacities.  But the question is whether I would be overpaying for that to get something "free."  

1 hour ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Anybody thinking about something cheap they would buy this month to get one of these freebies?

I am considering one of the Audiomodern loop packages, as I love the stuff I have from them, like the two Opacities.  But the question is whether I would be overpaying for that to get something "free."  

You can check Melda Complete Bundle

• Haha 1