Biotek 2 FREE

cclarry

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

I received an email from Tracktion with a FREE License for Biotek 2
Check your emails!

Say what? That’s pretty amazing. Love that unique synth. Organic and deep. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

I completed a survey a few weeks ago which said they'd send me a serial for BioTek -  I wondered why it never arrived but this appears to be it!

Bummer that I missed that survey then. Wonder if KVR will be flooded with cheap copies of Biotek 2 now.

• Like 1

Biotek 2 is a deep synth. Not an all-in-one, go to synth by any means. But it is unique and powerful, and an interesting additional piece of kit. You can add layers and modulations, add samples etc., until your PC implodes.

It's strengths are probably best put to use for evolving, moving soundscapes, using ambient, cinematic, environmental sounds mixed with traditional VA waveforms. Probably not so much for mainstream music such as Hip Hop, EDM, or Pop, but no telling what some creative types might find uses for.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, abacab said:

Biotek 2 is a deep synth. Not an all-in-one, go to synth by any means. But it is unique and powerful, and an interesting additional piece of kit. You can add layers and modulations, add samples etc., until your PC implodes.

It's strengths are probably best put to use for evolving, moving soundscapes, using ambient, cinematic, environmental sounds mixed with traditional VA waveforms. Probably not so much for mainstream music such as Hip Hop, EDM, or Pop, but no telling what some creative types might find uses for.

Ran through the arp, sequenced and rythmic presets earlier and it's certainly interesting. I could see me using it as long as I don't forget I've got it 😉

I got nutin from Tracktion
guess I missed out on that action
so I lack the satisfaction
of the 'I got it FREE!!" reaction
would I have used it? I dunno
but that's sometimes how it'll go
if I had Biotek this might have been a song
now it's just a poem that ran too long....

• Haha 9