Duckbar for CbB early preview

I did some maintenance work for Duckbar to make it CbB compatible. I just leave this here...

image.png.7b859df9618ff6a3496eebfed51281f9.png

Many of the new forum users don't know what Duckbar is and the rest have forgotten... In short, Duckbar is an utility which improves missing features to CbB/SONAR and improves some others.  Now there is official Theme Editor available but Duckbar offers an alternative, more powerful way to batch handle resources. There is also powerful Color Scheme editor (found in Preferences / Colors). Other features include new buttons added to Piano Roll, Staff View, QuadEQ (for example "Reset settings") etc.  Duckbar also includes improved versions of internal metronome sounds and it stores the last fade curve settings globally (Cakewalk does this per project basis only).  Want to see if automatic crossfades are enabled? Duckbar adds button in Track View to show and toggle that, too.  Tools menu editor is included, too - of course.  And instantly ready-to-use Tap Tempo with delay times calculator. Duckbar also warns if waveform cache is getting full and it can delete all but the newest cache files.

Of course Duckbar also has its built-in scripting language but that's another story...

Q: Download link? Availability? ETA?
A: Not available yet. Not available yet. 2019.

image.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Great Idea 1

Looks interesting Panu. The CW theme editor is way too complex and deep for the casual user IMO. Was it duckbar that added a solo button to the prochannel eq? I saw something about that somewhere, but can't remember where now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulo said:

Looks interesting Panu. The CW theme editor is way too complex and deep for the casual user IMO. Was it duckbar that added a solo button to the prochannel eq? I saw something about that somewhere, but can't remember where now. 

Yes, Duckbar adds solo button to the QuadEQ as well as the Reset button.

• Like 1

Here are some Duckbar screen captures presenting Automatic crossfades button (which was present in SONAR 8 and earlier but taken away in SONAR X1). I missed that button so much I had to make my own utility to get it back. :)  Feature requests never went thru but that's OK for me now.  Crossfade button graphics is borrowed from SONAR 8.5. Longtime Cakewalkers should recognize it...

Reset button: Quadcurve EQ is good EQ but it lacks all but basic features like presets (other than whole ProChannel preset).  You can't even reset EQ to defaults by one button. Duckbar's Reset button gives first aid. It can reset parametric bands. Limitations: highpass, lowpass and Gloss on/off are not reset.
Because there is no "Reset EQ" command in Cakewalk, Duckbar makes virtual mouse doubleclicks in the QuadEQ interface. Double-clicking knob resets it to default value. You can see how the mouse flies across the buttons.

Solo button: sometimes when tweaking track's EQ you want to solo it easily. Duckbar adds Solo button to QuadEQ's left top corner to give you quick access to track soloing. Limitation: this works for tracks only - currently Duckbar can't detect if QuadEQ belongs to bus instead.

There are other buttons next to the Crossfades button, too. In the screen capture Save and Save as... are shown. They can be customized but more about that later.

Duckbar-AutomaticCrossfades.gif

Duckbar-Reset-EQ.gif

Duckbar-Solo-EQ.gif

Edited by panup

5 hours ago, panup said:

I did some maintenance work for Duckbar to make it CbB compatible. I just leave this here...

I didn't get on board with Duckbar the first time around -- too busy just learning the many "official" controls.😀 But thank you for this! I'm looking forward to the release.

• Like 1

Great. More buttons to customize :P.... and what about EXE Colors?! ¬¬

21 hours ago, panup said:

Q: Download link? Availability? ETA?
A: Not available yet. Not available yet. 2019.

I hate teasers! >:(…. :D

Edited by sjoens

6 minutes ago, sjoens said:

I hate teasers! >:(…. :D

Great. More buttons to customize :P.... and what about EXE Colors?! ¬¬

EXE Colors and Cakewalk: I have not tested yet but if Cakewalk act like SPLAT then it won't work (goes to demo mode).  EXE Colors is available for older versions, though. Just tried it yesterday and found a bug to fix. :)