Split Groove MIDI Clips Won't Slip

Try saying that topic five times fast!

Well, I've got myself a MIDI groove clip and I split it, but when I want to slip edit (drag) one side of the clip away from the other side, the other side just slips (drags) over and fills the area in between where I want a space (rest).

It doesn't matter if I drag a split section to another take lane, the behavior is the same.

The main track's midi is not selected when I try this. I only select one half of the split.

I don't remember this happening before. I will split a MIDI drum track to put a fill on a different take lane in the hole I want to create, but like I said, I can't make a hole by slipping half over.

1 hour ago, razor7music said:

Try saying that topic five times fast!

Well, I've got myself a MIDI groove clip and I split it, but when I want to slip edit (drag) one side of the clip away from the other side, the other side just slips (drags) over and fills the area in between where I want a space (rest).

It doesn't matter if I drag a split section to another take lane, the behavior is the same.

The main track's midi is not selected when I try this. I only select one half of the split.

I don't remember this happening before. I will split a MIDI drum track to put a fill on a different take lane in the hole I want to create, but like I said, I can't make a hole by slipping half over.

You need to turn the groove clip back into a normal clip.  Select the clip and right click "bounce to clip(s)"

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

You need to turn the groove clip back into a normal clip.  Select the clip and right click "bounce to clip(s)"

Ok, so right-click, bounce to clip, split, slip, turn it back into a groove clip?

I don't recall having to do that before.

Thank you.

Switch to the Edit tool. Smart tool wants to move the split point by default, but Edit tool will default to slipping the boundary. I'm out of practice so don't know offhand what modifier keys might allow doing this without changing tools.

2 hours ago, David Baay said:

Switch to the Edit tool. Smart tool wants to move the split point by default, but Edit tool will default to slipping the boundary. I'm out of practice so don't know offhand what modifier keys might allow doing this without changing tools.

That would be cool. Let me try that.

Thanks!