It was 2.0 years ago today ...

Shane_B.

2 years ago today I left the gym about this time of day to give the manager a ride home because his car was on the fritz. On the way back home a school bus ran a stop sign and totalled my truck and almost killed me.

The airbag blew my arm back against my head and severely sprained my wrist and broke my fingers. Gave me a severe concussion. Almost lost my right eye. Had my right foot jammed on the brakes and the impact rammed my leg back and messed up my hip. Caused tremors in my arms and hands.

I was lucky I was in great physical condition. I had lost an enormous amount of weight. Gained a ton of muscle. Had just won two weight loss/body transformation contests back to back. They said if I wasn't so strong especially in my legs I would have shattered my hip. At the time I could easily do 3 sets of 15 leg presses at 600lbs. 

I had to relearn how to pick guitar temporarily. I could only use a couple fingers for months. I still can't play like I used to. I've never fully recovered from any of the injuries but at least I'm alive. 👍

Anyway. Thanks everyone for being here.

• Sad 1