Sharing Cakewalk sound through Zoom

Kayte Deioma

Question

When I share my system audio through Zoom meetings, I can share stereo sound from Reaper, as well as other audio sources, but Cakewalk sound doesn't play through at all. 

I have the audio devices in Cakewalk set to my Focusrite i8 (inputs and outputs are both Focusrite USB ASIO Output/Input 1,3,5,7), and my system sound is set to the Focusrite.  Driver Mode is ASIO.

The Zoom session plays system sound when set to "Same as system" or to the Focusrite directly.

The microphone plugged into the Focusrite works fine through Zoom. Reaper DAW sessions play fine. Only the Cakewalk sound doesn't play.

Any suggestions? Audio settings attached.

CakewalkAudioSet1.jpg

CakewalkAudioSet2.jpg

CakewalkAudioSet3.jpg

3 answers to this question

If Zoom is like OSB studio what I had to do was set Cakewalk to WASAPI shared mode to get it to work. BUT- and I see you are lucky because your Focusrite seems to have a loopback channel. 

Once I figured that out I now have both my live mike and Cakewalks playback into OSB and I can use ASIO.  Not sure why this works but otherwise like you my mike worked but no Cakewalk playback. 

I had to choose the Loopback channel as one of the input sources in OSB. 

By the way,  your buffer setting seems a little high. I use 256.  

Also make sure all your settings are using the same sample rate. either 44.1 or 48.. even check in Windows sound settings because that is what Zoom probably uses. 

Oh and get rid of asio4all. You really don't need it because we now have WASAPI as a better alternative for on board audio. Always use ASIO with the Focusrite and use WASAPI shared with your on board if you turn off the Focusrite. asio4all can sometime interfere with stuff like this. 

Edited by John Vere

7 hours ago, John Vere said:

By the way,  your buffer setting seems a little high. I use 256.  

I increased the buffer size because when sampling through different synth sounds to find what I'm looking for, the sounds stop changing after a while due to a buffering issue and I have to wait a few minutes to for it to catch up. Sometimes it jumps to a completely different category of patches when that happens. I thought it might help to increase buffer size. Not sure yet.