Issues with default layout (Basic)

In my opinion there are a number of issues with the default layout (Basic). Most prominently:

1. The width of tracks on the left is such that the M and S buttons aren't visible for tracks in folders, but there's a large amount of empty space next to the track name.
  2. Zoom level for projects is always forgotten. This is annoying.
  3. That bloody Help Module. I don't need more than the basic controls, but I have been using the software for a while and really don't need help anymore. CW doesn't remember I closed it every time.

I know, I can create my own custom layout. But that's not my point here. The default should be good enough.

image.thumb.png.643aab280f750b49e7dff2c3de7fa545.png

I can see that what is happening and I have also complained about this. They have made the basic templates with most of the features missing. They say it's too confusing for new users,, I say too bad, they can suck it up. So what you have to do every time is change the Track Control from either workspace or Custom to ALL. 

My workaround is I opened the Track control and changed all the options to always use "select all controls" 

Screenshot (112).png

Screenshot (113).png

17 hours ago, bdickens said:

I just set it up the way I wanted and moved on with my life.

As I said, this is not about that. This is about having a default template that is actually good enough so people don't HAVE TO modify it. A few small changes on the dev side could improve the out of the box experience for thousands of users.

• 2 months later...

OK I am setting up to categorize my plugins but I find no categories in Cakewalk bandlab.  where the hell are they.  I have fixed this for other versions of the software, but why is it missing.  Not everyone has exposure to understanding what categories vst's should be placed in.  Cakewalk please make this easier so users don't have to fuss over every single instrument.

14 minutes ago, Leighton Cooper said:

OK I am setting up to categorize my plugins but I find no categories in Cakewalk bandlab.  where the hell are they.  I have fixed this for other versions of the software, but why is it missing.  Not everyone has exposure to understanding what categories vst's should be placed in.  Cakewalk please make this easier so users don't have to fuss over every single instrument.

This thread is not about plug-in layouts.

I answered in the thread you created