Samplitude Pro X6 Released

cclarry

Looks pretty good. Again at first glance $249 for Pro X5 Suite upgrade to Pro X6 Suite upgrade seems steep but not when you compare that to the Soundforge 14 and Spectral Layers 8 standalone upgrade prices.

The bummer about this train ride is I'm always one version behind on Soundforge since v15 is already available.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

There's a whole lot of goodness in the Suite version...SF Pro 14, Convology XT Pro Compete,  coreFX Suite, ColorFX suite, Spectralayers Pro 7 
AND 8, etc...so yeah, as you stated, when compared to the standalone upgrade prices of those products it
becomes a petty cheap upgrade

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bapu said:

The bummer about this train ride is I'm always one version behind on Soundforge since v15 is already available.

This is probably my biggest pet peeve with Magix and Samplitude.  WHY would you include "last years version" when 
the new version is already out?

Answer - Hoping for UPGRADE money

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Since I've only played with (up to) X5 Suite I'm thinking it's time jump this ship. No doubt it's a nice DAW but.....

Bapu it is okay as long as you keep collecting as many VSTi's as you can :D

• Haha 1

I got the X5 Suite because it was the same price as the Spectral Layers 7 upgrade, but only opened X5 once since I bought it. Convology XT Complete was included in that as well, but only used a few times. Spectral Layers has gotten a lot of use though.

4 hours ago, Paul Young said:

Some of us have also resorted to collecting DAWs.

I only have 13 DAWs now. 8 are fully cross-platform (Win & Mac), 4 are Win only (Mixcraft9, Samplitude X5 Suite, Acid Pro 9 and CbB) and 1 is Mac only (Logic Pro)

The remainders are Reason 11, Digital Performer 10, Cubase 11.5, Mixbus v7, Mixbus 32C v7, Reaper (current), ProTools (current) and Studio One Pro v5.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I only have 13 DAWs now. 8 are fully cross-platform (Win & Mac), 4 are Win only (Mixcraft9, Samplitude X5 Suite, Acid Pro 9 and CbB) and 1 is Mac only (Logic Pro)

The remainders are Reason 11, Digital Performer 10, Cubase 11.5, Mixbus v7, Mixbus 32C v7, Reaper (current), ProTools (current) and Studio One Pro v5.

Eh you're still missing a few.   I'm almost that bad. When it comes upgrade time it's which mouth are you going to feed.  When I audition loop libraries I try them in each DAW just so they get used. That sad thing is I've gotten to the point where with all of the confusion I can't do anything in a DAW anymore. If I went broke I could rely on CbB and FL Studio.

• Like 1