Cakewalk Version 2021.04 installed plugin instruments

After update the new version there is only Cakewalk TTS-1 synthesizer available. How can I install the other plugin instruments like PSYN II, AAS Lounge Lizard Session SONAR Edition or other software synthesizer and instruments?

Here are the synth plug-ins included with CbB http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Plug-ins.4.html

The SI Suite is not part of the core install. It is available from the "Install Add-ons..." option on this menu in BA

S0FvdCU.png

If you own a copy of a Cakewalk DAW with those plug-ins the best course of action is

• uninstall CbB
  • install and apply all updates to the latest version of the Cakewalk DAW
  • re-install CbB.

It is a little more complicated when one owns several versions of SONAR and wants a complete installation without fully installing every DAW.

To save keystrokes, here is a thread with more info

Hi,

I’m new to Cakewalk and have just installed it. I chose to install the SI instruments as well but they are not showing up in Cakewalk? If I use this path - Windows (C:) > Program Files > Cakewalk I can see the Studio Instruments folder with the various instruments files. I can also see the SI VST dll’s in the VstPlugins folder?

I have checked the VST paths I the preferences and can the Plug-in Manager and I can see the paths set to this folder but the SI VSTi’s are not showing in Cakewalk but Breverb and Boost11 (which are in the same folder) are showing correctly?

Hi Richard,

if Breverb and Boost are in the same folder as your SI instruments they should all be available to you.

Note that FX and instruments are shown separately on the browser. This might be why you don't see the SIs. 

Try this:

From the menu click Insert -> Soft Synth...  (3rd option down).  You should see a list of available synths sorted by manufacturer. Hover over Cakewalk to see what's there; you should see TTS-1, SI Bass, SI Drums, etc. 

If you don't see them there then we'll try something else.

Soft synth CbB.jpg

Edited by Mike Z
added screen grab