Komplete Start plugins..

Is anybody using Komplete Start from Native Insutruments? 

They say they have a free download of 19 instruments and over 2,000 sounds. 

I downloaded their stuff by I didn't find much in the instrument section of Cakewalk. 

Is anybody using Komplete Start?  How do you get all those instruments and sounds to CakeWalk? 

You probably need to  add the Native Instruments VST installation path to your VST Search path within Preferences->File->VST Settings.

It's normally "C:\Program Files\Native Instruments\VSTPlugins 64 bit"

Then click the Scan button on the same page.

• Like 1

Yes, thank you..

I think I added the paths.. one for the native instruments plugin from my program files, and the other one just in case where I also downloaded a lot of the stuff for native instruments...   but I can't see to find all those instruments and 2,000 plus sounds from the instrument tab in cakewalk.

image.thumb.png.72e6fe6023a0dbb6bfa9faa61ed6ec5d.png

Only add folders containing plug-in binaries to the scan path.

Adding folders containing binaries unrelated to VST plug-ins can cause problems with the scanner.

I do not use much NI stuff and have not installed Komplete but do know the free Kontakt player plug-in is where a lot of the instruments reside. Do not expect to see the individual instruments provided by Kontakt in the CbB plug-in list, instead; search the plug-in list for Kontakt.

Once Kontakt is loaded in the project, there should be a menu in the plug-in to load its instruments.

• Like 1

The Komplete Start bundled instruments are Kontakt Player or Reaktor Player libraries. They also work in the Komplete Kontrol plugin.

Start by locating the Komplete Kontrol,  Kontakt, or Reaktor plugins in Cakewalk and insert them, and then follow the Native Instruments instructions for loading the sounds content. The NI instrument sounds cannot be loaded standalone in Cakewalk, as they are not plugins.

Here’s a similar thread which I answered in some detail about a year ago. In that case the question was related to a Kontakt library called Vintage Organs, but the same concept applies to all Kontakt libraries. Click on the grey arrow in the upper-right corner below and you will be taken to the correct post.

Edited by Canopus

Oh thanks...

I found the 19 instruments in my Cakewalk DAW from the Native Instruments package... they are under the plugin section > uncategorized > Kontakt... then you drag the icon to the track section of Cakewalk, open the icon and select the instruments.

But I haven't located the 2,000 + sounds they said is in the package... not on cakewalk or their stand alone icons yet..

WELCOME

Welcome to the KOMPLETE START Quick Start Guide.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-start/learn-komplete-start/

SET-UP CHECKLIST

Before you begin, you must install the KOMPLETE START products from Native Access, then set-up your keyboard and software. You will not see KOMPLETE START listed in Native Access. Some products are found as individual instruments, others are part of the Reaktor 6 or Kontakt 6 Factory Selections, and some appear as presets in KOMPLETE KONTROL.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1