VICTIM (within yourself)Re mix

Paul Bush

Hi chaps , well once again thanks  for taking the time  for the tips- comments of the rough mix etc.... first off the bat I got rid of that awful photo and Ive adressed those timing problems the best I could and Ive tweaked the overal sound and a decent mixdown ( I think), so I´ll look forward to any  comments, critque, etc cheers

Edited by Paul Bush

Hi Paul . . . such a great song ! . . . though, as jack c says there are some timing issues still. When I listen, it's like the song and vocals + harmonies have this great feel to them, but the drums just don't. Right from the get go when the drums come in, something is off. And, it seems something between the song sections, because some sections time quite well, then it changes to the next section and something is off. Mostly it sounds like the snare is too quantized in places, so when the next song section changes feel, the snare is too stiff, compared to the rest of things. Do you have a way of replaying in the snare hits ?

Like I said . . . cudos for the great songwriting, and love the harmony vocals, the mix is very clean as well . . . just attend to that drum feel. Not intending to be negative, because this song is really worth the extra effort to get that drum feel correct !

• Like 1

Hi Noyneker , it really is a puzzleI´m using EZdrums toontracks so everything should be in time and in sync , I think I´m going to have to grasp the nettle and start the drums from scratch , although frought with disaster but Ithink I have no other option , thanks for your comments and of course your not being negative just honest  cheers