Does anyone else prefer hardware MIDI modules to software synths?

Notes_Norton

3 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

Did your brother bust the bus driver?

To be honest I truly don't know. He never talked about police related things and I never asked. I also worked for him for 10 years. He owns his own business and does the police thing part time.  I can say it took a lot to get busted for anything in our tiny little town because we all knew each other so whatever happened it must have been a serious incident.

My best friend from home was the chief of police and not once in the 40 plus years I've known him has he ever talked about work and I never asked. We never talked shop and it's probably why I got along so well with them. But I sure took a lot of heat for being friends with them. Zero friends in school. Never invited to parties. I was shunned because of my brother and the guys I was in a band with. In the end I'm glad.

I'm a musician, I don't have any friends ;)

I was vacationing in England many years ago. Milling around in Leicester Square (pronounced like Lester) and I saw a musician carrying an alto sax walking by. I struck up a conversation with him told him I played sax, and he invited Mrs. Notes and me to his gig.

It was in a member's only dance club where they played swing and jump blues music. This was the days when "Zoot Suit Riot" and similar songs were promoting a swing revival.

We got to the door, and he told the person at the gate, 'These are my friends" to have her allow us in.

She teasingly said, "You're a musician, you don't have any friends." and we walked in.

The band was quite good, the dance floor was filled all night, and Mrs. Notes and I joined in the dancing.

It was a fun evening.

I'm glad that people want to take the dangerous job of law enforcement. I certainly wouldn't want to do it, and I wouldn't want to talk shop with them either. There are plenty of other things to talk about.

Notes ♫

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

I'm glad that people want to take the dangerous job of law enforcement. I certainly wouldn't want to do it, and I wouldn't want to talk shop with them either. There are plenty of other things to talk about.

I have a nephew in law enforcement...he has the best stories in the family.   When he was a kid, I remember him falling out of a hammock and crying like a little girl.   Now, he busts drunk drivers, serves and executes warrants.